Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Strike One by Arsenal

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had heard that they mags may possibly be made my Mec Gar, but I couldn't find anything to substantiate that. Anyone know for sure? If the mags turn out to reasonably priced and reliable I think I would definitely consider a polymer version.
    Last edited by yellow50; 01-22-14 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    1. Is there anything more about the trigger? In the video of the company guy he says something about it being 'flat' or 'straight-back', which sounds like a 1911 type instead the Rube Goldberg machinations that go on in most stiker fired pistols.

2. When is the 45ACP coming out?

3. I thought we had decided in the bore-axis thread here that bore axis really didn't matter.

4. Isn't muzzle flip more about the shooter than the gun? Handheld Pitching Angle I don't think is a very scientific measurement. Wouldn't some kind of torque measurement be the quantifiable difference that matters. I'm not saying there is a qualitative difference, just I don't like their test method.

5. However cool this action is, it still isn't as cool or innovative as the HK P7 mechanism.

Looks really interesting. The low jump for the rounds to the chamber I'd like to see more of. I like low-bore axis guns if for no other reason that they are smaller (shorter) for a given magazine size. The shooter in one of the videos has such a high grip it seems he can almost occlude the rear sight with his left thumb.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not to be a downer, but my impression of this company was they made gimmick guns vs. SD/CCW/Duty worthy guns. Exhibit A:

af2011-a1-2013-4.jpg

The Strike One looks very interesting to be sure, but I wouldn't be an early adopter personally. I'll wait to hear feedback from those more knowledgeable on the topic, those who have run enough rounds through them to see what breaks, and see what shakes out, before I'd have any interest in this gun.

Your mileage may vary. I'm looking forward to hearing the range feedback from someone who has put rnds through one.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not to be a downer, but my impression of this company was they made gimmick guns vs. SD/CCW/Duty worthy guns. Exhibit A:

af2011-a1-2013-4.jpg

The Strike One looks very interesting to be sure, but I wouldn't be an early adopter personally. I'll wait to hear feedback from those more knowledgeable on the topic, those who have run enough rounds through them to see what breaks, and see what shakes out, before I'd have any interest in this gun.

Your mileage may vary. I'm looking forward to hearing the range feedback from someone who has put rnds through one.
    What is the legallity of a gun that shoots two rounds with one pull of the trigger? Any NFA issues? Someone is going to get a left and right ejecting AR upper operating systems..... Is there something about having two chambers?

I think they said the barrels were counter rotating. I don't know if he meant LH and RH rifling, that might be kind of interesting to feel; a zero torque gun.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    What is the legallity of a gun that shoots two rounds with one pull of the trigger? Any NFA issues? Someone is going to get a left and right ejecting AR upper operating systems..... Is there something about having two chambers?

I think they said the barrels were counter rotating. I don't know if he meant LH and RH rifling, that might be kind of interesting to feel; a zero torque gun.
    There are two triggers, so it's still one shot per trigger pull. We just got two of these in at Clyde Armory. One went right out the door to a customer who had been waiting for it. It's a collectible/ novelty like the engraved guns Colt, Smith, etc. put out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

I believe it's still one trigger per side. I thought this gun was a joke, but as you can see, it's not. So, a company that starts with something as goofy as that, then goes 180 to make something that appears on paper to be a potential game changer, sets my meters off. I'll wait until the BTDT types give it a sake down personally.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 08:51.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wont degrade the company for the dual 1911. It is an example of what CAN be done with modern machining, and I myself haven't seen it marketed as anything but a novelty. Never as a real, viable self defense weapon. If it has been, Ive missed it, and that WOULD be a load of shit. Personally, Id like to have one just to mess around with and play with. As for the Strike One pistol...yes, a lot of "puffery" indeed, but they are understandably proud of the gun, and it does have some nice, unique features. And, I DISTINCTLY remember A LOT of the same things being said about a certain polymer pistol that came out in the early eighties...and we all know how THAT worked out.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I wont degrade the company for the dual 1911. It is an example of what CAN be done with modern machining, and I myself haven't seen it marketed as anything but a novelty. Never as a real, viable self defense weapon. If it has been, Ive missed it, and that WOULD be a load of shit. Personally, Id like to have one just to mess around with and play with. As for the Strike One pistol...yes, a lot of "puffery" indeed, but they are understandably proud of the gun, and it does have some nice, unique features. And, I DISTINCTLY remember A LOT of the same things being said about a certain polymer pistol that came out in the early eighties...and we all know how THAT worked out.
    Agreed and I'm not bashing the company for it. However, where a company focuses its efforts, R&D, time, $$$, etc, says a lot about the company, and producing gimmick guns does not give me the warm and fuzzy when they decide to make a "real" gun for SD/CCW/Duty. I'm optimistic for sure, but no plans to be an early adopter. As a rule, I don't buy the first gen of anything if I can help it, especially guns.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 09:12.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree 100% on not being a guinea pig! But, in this case..Id take an educated risk, Id like to really shake one out.
    I figure after about 1500-2000 rounds Id have a clue as whether it was the cats ass, or not.
    Last edited by Straight Shooter; 01-23-14 at 09:34.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Not to be a downer, but my impression of this company was they made gimmick guns vs. SD/CCW/Duty worthy guns.
    While I agree that the double .45 is not a viable duty, or self defense weapon, I see no need to automatically rule out a company because they made something that is a novelty or will net them a profit. By that logic Eotech, Leupold and every other manuf. that started slapping zombie crap on their products would be a no go for hard use.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast