Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Strike One by Arsenal

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow50 View Post
    While I agree that the double .45 is not a viable duty, or self defense weapon, I see no need to automatically rule out a company because they made something that is a novelty or will net them a profit. By that logic Eotech, Leupold and every other manuf. that started slapping zombie crap on their products would be a no go for hard use.

I didn't, and my comments above made that very clear I thought.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 09:24.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I agree 100% on not being a guinea pig! But, in this case..Id take an educated risk, Id like to really shake one out.
    I figure after about 1500-2000 rounds Id have a clue as whether it was the cats as, or not.
    Cool. I hope you do and I look forward to your report!
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    They're manufactured by Arsenal in Italy
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You guys are making fun of Arsenal for there toy gun, what about KAC and their "chainsaw" Stoner LMG they had at shot a few years ago, that is equally absurd. Guys, they are just toys to be showed, can't judge a entire company Becuase of one fanciful toy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sua175 View Post
    You guys are making fun of Arsenal for there toy gun, what about KAC and their "chainsaw" Stoner LMG they had at shot a few years ago, that is equally absurd. Guys, they are just toys to be showed, can't judge a entire company Becuase of one fanciful toy.
    (1) was it the first major gun KAC offered?

(2) was it a "one of" fun gun or did they offer it as a product?

(3) no one is "making fun" of them for that gun, but I did question their creds based on that product which made me question their focus and intent, etc.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 11:39.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Yeah, after the Caracal...aren't we all a bit nervous to race out and get the next Glock challenger?

Still...somebody....SOME DAY....will bring forth the Glock killer. It WILL happen.

Will this finally be it? Well...who knows?

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    (1) was it the first major gun KAC offered?
    The double barreled 1911 wasn't the first gun Arsenal made either. They have been making 1/2 and 1/4 scale working replicas of the worlds greatest firearms (prices averaged around $20k!) Granted this is only what I know from TacTV. Interestingly enough, This whole season of the show had spent at least 4-5 episodes on Arsenal and the Strike One pistol and that gave a pretty good sense of their engineering prowess.

You were the one that opened this door (passing judgment on a company based on your limited knowledge of their body of work).

Now, if we take it way back, I could only imagine how many people like you might have scoffed at a guy that made curtain rods introducing a plastic semi auto gun.

Feedback Score
    Royer rule violations duly noted !!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    The double barreled 1911 wasn't the first gun Arsenal made either. They have been making 1/2 and 1/4 scale working replicas of the worlds greatest firearms (prices averaged around $20k!) Granted this is only what I know from TacTV. Interestingly enough, This whole season of the show had spent at least 4-5 episodes on Arsenal and the Strike One pistol and that gave a pretty good sense of their engineering prowess.

You were the one that opened this door (passing judgment on a company based on your limited knowledge of their body of work).

Now, if we take it way back, I could only imagine how many people like you might have scoffed at a guy that made curtain rods introducing a plastic semi auto gun.
    Thanx for the info. Yes, I guess I'm guilty of passing judgement, but note clearly no bashing took place. My comment was strictly the fact that their background/history/focus was not building fighting guns, but collector guns (ruining two perfectly good 1911s in the process!), and and other gimmicks (1/4 replica, etc) and due to that fact, I would not be an early adopter, and would wait 'till the BTDT types lent their opinions/findings. Personally, guns that come from companies making generations of quality fighting guns will be of more interest to me, especially as a Gen 1 product/design. Would you be more likely to be interested in a new design from Colt, DD, or HK or from a company who historically produced say working 1/4 replicas of ARs?

That LAV looks on this new pistol favorably, is very encouraging, and I'll try and track down the Tac TV episodes looking at the Strike One. Again, I'm not in any way saying I wouldn't give this gun a hard look and serious consideration, but yes, I'll wait 'till it's a few gens in and there's adequate feedback before I'd jump, and that threshold might be lesser for companies with longer history.

I hope I have clarified myself sufficiently
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-23-14 at 14:59.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I agree, I never buy a brand new product before it has been veted by others so I at least have some idea of what I'm getting

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast