Thread: 9mm conversions

Feedback Score

9mm conversions

I am interested in a 9mm conversion kit. And I want to use sten magazines.

Know my question is what is the difference between the colt and olympic uppers.

The only thing that looks different is where the magazine sets! Can I use this conversion kit with a colt upper?

http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citym...585/386988.htm

Feedback Score
    Yes, the location of the magazine is different, but also is the bolt and I believe the feed ramps are different, too, between the Colt/RRA and the Olympic.

I've owned two Colt 9mm AR's, and my friends own or have owned two more. None of them were reliable enough for anything but very informal target shooting, and that was with FMJ ammo. Cast bullets or JHP's? Forget it. My experiences with Colt 9mm AR's made me swear off pistol caliber AR's completely.

Then, one of my friends bought a .45acp Olympic upper. The reliability is amazing, and that made me get one just like it. And, after my extremely positive experience with the .45, I got an Oly 9mm upper, too. Same thing. I wouldn't own any pistol caliber AR other than an Olympic.

Most of my friends are fortunate enough to have registered M16's, too. Every one of them that shoots pistol caliber uppers with them have swapped over to Olympic for full auto fire, too, since they are the only ones that have proven to be reliable.

I know I'm going to get a LOT of crap for saying this, since there's many people here who feel that Olympic is a vastly inferior product. I have no experience with their .223 AR's, but when it comes to pistol caliber AR's, Oly is the only way to go. It's funny, I keep getting told that I "don't know how to adjust the magazine placement" on Colt 9mm AR's to make them run right. Mabye so, but when I spend that much money on an AR, I want it to shoot reliably right out of the box. I don't want to have to "adjust" it just to make it do what it was supposed to do in the first place!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Tag because my LGS has an RRA on the shelf....