Thread: Recommend good mag holders for USPSA single stack division

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Recommend good mag holders for USPSA single stack division

Can anyone recommend good mag holders for USPSA single stack division? I am looking at the following:

Ready Tactical
    Ghost Single Stack (although I am having trouble finding anyone who sells these)
    Comp Tac
    Safariland 771's or 773's

I am not interested in DAA Race Master's unless someone can convince me that they are worth $60-70 plus a $10 adapter to make them work for single stack mags.

Also, I am not currently running an inner/outer belt setup, but I will eventually look at setting up a rig like that. If there is a particular setup (like Safariland's ELS system) that anyone can recommend over others, I would get the mag holders that I could use to build towards a full rig.

Thanks for the help!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Our only serious SS guy runs Gcode kydex bc they are local,sorry dude.

The place where Safariland's 3 prong belt system really shines is 3 gun bc you can reconfig so fast.

A double belt really helps with keeping your load steady and your gear is always in the same place,as well as you dont have to worry about what pants have what belt loops. You also dont even need to wear pants to strap it on and dryfire. I'm not sure if he has it still, but heres a used belt for sale.http://doodieproject.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=984

Feedback Score
    I've used the 773's with no problems

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use comptac beltfeed and an uncle mikes double mag holder for both SS and production.

6 mags on the belt 48 and 60 rounds respectively, I don't ever run out and that 6th mag is just insurance in case of a fumbled reload.

The setup cost me $150 for each division, not bad IMO.
    OEF X-XI

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like my CompTac mag holders (1 1/2" belt loop) - as I use them for EDC and USPSA. Unless the (standard) belt is somewhat thick (i.e. even a little more than a Wilderness Instructor belt), they will slide along the belt. When used with a double-belt like a CR Speed (inner + outer velcro system), they stay put due to the double belt system. Great quality and adjustablity. I've been eyeing thier 4-mag holder system which looks nice. As of now, 2 x Comptac and Blackhawk double on back side for Production class.

Likewise like my Safariland ALS holster, but might start using my Raven EDC holster.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have some of the Ready Tac's. Haven't used them in any competition yet but they are awesome, solid retention with great purchase still available and smooth draw. I guess their only downflaw is the modularity but they're not designed for that.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Recommend good mag holders for USPSA single stack division

Raven concealment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CR Speed with the single stack inserts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by givo08 View Post
    Can anyone recommend good mag holders for USPSA single stack division? I am looking at the following:

Ready Tactical
    Ghost Single Stack (although I am having trouble finding anyone who sells these)
    Comp Tac
    Safariland 771's or 773's

I am not interested in DAA Race Master's unless someone can convince me that they are worth $60-70 plus a $10 adapter to make them work for single stack mags.
    I run the DAA "Racer" pouches same retention system but in polymer bodies rather than aluminum. I use them for Production and limited with Glocks and insert the SS shims for single stack.
    DAA just can out with a dedicated SS pouch with the "Racer" style, very slim. You should check them out.