Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMakoGroup View Post
    The earlier mags will still be sold in markets where all rifles are MIL-SPEC contract rifles, but the US market will get only the Mod3 mags.
    You dumb Americans don't have in spec rifles!

That's some straight up Olympic Arms spin right there.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Black Rifle View Post
    Order numbers 13,000 + are now shipping.

Yikes, my second order I am waiting on is in the 18,000's!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You dumb Americans don't have in spec rifles!
    Sure we have in spec rifles - military contract rifles are inspected and have to be in spec (hopefully - saw an m16A4 once that had the barrel index pin torqued between the upper and the barrel nut - not in the notch. The guy it was issued to at first couldn't get the thing zeroed, and then looked pretty funny when his front sight leaned over sideways while he was shooting). Most AR-15 rifles, if they were gauged, would probably prove to be in spec in most dimensions.

We do know that there are a lot of people out their throwing around the term MIL-SPEC when talking about non-chrome-lined or SS barrels, AR-15 bolt carriers, etc. That does not mean the rifles are bad, just not MIL-SPEC.

This is what we know - Mod1 and Mod2 E-Lander mags passed all required MIL-SPEC testing. They are in daily use by military and law enforcement in government-contract Colt rifles with no issues. They are manufactured as OEM mags for firearms manufacturers to fulfill military contracts, and have been fully tested by those companies.
    They have been tested by E-Lander. They have been tested by independent testing agencies. They have been tested by government agencies. They have been tested by rifle manufacturers with government contracts (and also by some US manufacturers now). ALL have found the magazines to be built exactly to spec according to the MIL-SPEC dimensions.

They also work in the vast majority of AR-15 rifles just fine. So if they do not work in a particular AR-15, what do you suppose our response should be?

Our response was to adjust the magazines to fit the target market better, and they do. We will not, however, say that the magazines were out of spec when they have been proven to be.

It has also been confirmed by US rifle manufacturers that there is a lot of variation in dimensions in a lot of the AR-15s on the commercial market.

So for those who want to say that the Mod1 and Mod2 E-Lander mags were out of spec, I have a challenge. Take any E-Lander mag, get a copy of the MIL-SPEC drawings, and measure every dimension of the magazine. Then tell us what you found. If you have not measured the magazines, do not come here or anywhere else and tell us the magazines are out of spec.

Feedback Score

Why wait?

At this point with proven mags readily available from multiple retailers, and the AWB ban getting dropped I just dont understand why anyone would still be waiting for these mags. Cancel like I did. Order some NHMGT or D+H or Lancer AWM etc.
    I can understand getting exchanges for the gen 3 but other than that I'm at a loss.

Just thought I would suggest canceling for those that hadn't considered it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donaudi View Post
    My question to Mako or anyone that may know... is there any significant changes to the rev 3? Reason I'm asking is i have a few of the 12/12 production and was wondering if I should get them replaced for the newer ones? What specifically was updated besides the mag catch or was that the only change? By the was there customer service was probably the easiest and best I have delt with in a long time. It seems like a lot of businesses in this day and age only care about themselves and making money. And sadly a lot of these companies are firearms related businesses.
    The only change was the location of the top of the mag catch window. it is slightly (and just slightly) higher on the Mod3 mags. It is still within allowable MIL-SPEC dimensions, but not right on the target dimension like the Mod1 and 2 mags were.

Most people's rifles have no issue with the Mod1 or 2 mags, so my recommendation is to open one of the bags (they are resealable bags) and try it in your rifles. If it seats easily empty on a closed bolt or empty or full on an open bolt, they will work fine in your rifles. If they won't seat empty on a closed bolt (this checks to see if the feed lips are hitting the bottom of the bolt carrier) or empty or loaded on an open bolt (to see if it is hitting the inside of the upper receiver) then please email me and we will take care of you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I emailed you on March 2 with details explaining the problem. I have not received a response. I've tried calling, but nobody answers. What do I need to do to get this problem resolved? My order number was 10595.
    Let me check for this email. If I don't find it I may have to have you send it again.

For some reason I have stopped getting email alerts from this thread.

Edit: I did receive your message, and had meant to reply, but obviously I failed to reply for some reason. I just sent a reply.
    Last edited by TheMakoGroup; 03-21-13 at 15:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3O8Junkie View Post
    At this point with proven mags readily available from multiple retailers . . .
    E-Lander mags are proven mags. These are not new magazines, and have a proven record in military service.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMakoGroup View Post
    E-Lander mags are proven mags. These are not new magazines, and have a proven record in military service.
    Yeah, but they kinda fail the "available" part of this statement.

I have purchased a good amount of NHMTG mags, PMAGs, Lancer L5 AWM's, and Troy Battlemags since cancelling the order with you guys...which I did after I was supposed to receive the mags...and that was a good while ago...and yet I still wouldn't have had the mags yet even if I had kept the order...

So he has a point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Being in stock and not a bad price they are looking pretty good to me....
    They may be in stock, but the "LEAD TIME" may still be 3 to 4 months. Ordered mine in January, still waiting!
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    TheMakoGroup...any update on how things are going? These still shipping out? Or can anyway update what order #'s they're currently shipping?

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast