Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    I know and I didn't just up and decide to stiff them.
    I wasn't at all attempting to imply that you were. I was just point out that there is a cost to good customer service. Of course bad customer service costs more in the long run.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    A hard head makes a soft ass, and people are free to shit in their hat, then wear it as they see fit.
    I haven't seen/heard that in a long time...I needed that laugh.

Nothing wrong with the company as far as service goes. I received a confirmation email confirming that I cancelled my order, and then another email showing the refund. The company is just making a product that has a lot of quality issues floating around it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bret, overall costs of transactions, specifically reversal charges, can be considered a direct cost to products and should factor into their income statement. A company can reduce this cost by producing products with a lower likelihood of return/cancellation. In turn they can take a greater profit or increase their competitiveness. Any great change in what they projected vs what they actually incur as a charge should not be the fault of the consumer.

Speaking as someone with skin in the game.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    Bret, overall costs of transactions, specifically reversal charges, can be considered a direct cost to products and should factor into their income statement. A company can reduce this cost by producing products with a lower likelihood of return/cancellation. In turn they can take a greater profit or increase their competitiveness. Any great change in what they projected vs what they actually incur as a charge should not be the fault of the consumer.
    +1, I'm a business owner too. In the long run, poor customer service and/or poor quality cost more.

Feedback Score

E-Lander Mags

I ordered some and have received them. First, they appear well made but there are a couple of quirks. Mags needed to be slammed home on my Colt and RRA. Tight fit but very little mag movement. It appears to me to be the latching area is a little lower than all my other mags. Second, the feed lip area and top opening in general tends to be a little sharp so be prepared. I have swapped out the follower with Magpul Gen 3's and they fit fine. The Gen 1's needed filing. I have not fired any at this point and I will not depend on them until they get a good workout. Hope this helps
    Last edited by FIRST TIME; 02-10-13 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    I think where we stand right now (as the panic is lessening) is there is no REASON to get these mags right now. If you need mags pay attention on here and you can get D&H, nhmtg, troy battle mags or even lancers...pmags are still really hard to find.

I do have 6 elanders and have touched them up to lock into my lowers. I will run them into the ground training and lend them to people if they need mags at the range. When i got them NO other mags were available and I got scared! But if you can get GOOD mags to use for training and also count on them for "duty".....then why not instead. (While at the same time supporting a company that makes a 100% reliable product). I got my elanders as insurance and it turns out i didnt need it, because mags are trickling back in (and theres no ban yet). Thats how it works with insurance though.

(the best insurance wouldve been to buy extra pmags at 10$ a pop BEFORE the panic)...woops

On a side note if someone here has a hard on for STEEL elander mags that now lock in on a closed bolt. I'll trade you mag for mag for any of the favored types I listed in the first paragraph.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 02-10-13 at 16:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score

E-LANDER MAGS

I do happen to like steel but the E-Mags were a whim. Also have 30 Gen 3 Magpuls Along with an assortment of Colt and older English steel 30 rounders marked Imperial Defense. All non magpul mags have had Gen 3 followers installed except on my HK's.
    Last edited by FIRST TIME; 02-10-13 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got 10. Yea, try don't like my C3 Defense billet lower at all, my RRA works ok but I had to shave the catch a bit. Oddly, these work flawless in my AUG A3, and FS2000. Probably hang on to 5 of them for my bull pups.

Well built! Just, seems like they favor non-AR guns much more.

Feedback Score
    I can't believe this thread is 18 pages long

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GI_Jared View Post
    I can't believe this thread is 18 pages long
    Mako has sold a lot of magazines. They are filling thousands of orders. There are pros and cons to these mags. I am keeping mine. I would like to have ordered more Lancers or PMAGS, but they are not readily available at this time. I have some backordered PMAGS on their way sometime this month.
    Last edited by kcara; 02-11-13 at 06:38. Reason: CRANKY

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast