Thread: Due diligence: new upper

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Due diligence: new upper

I am likely getting a new upper, and right now my choices are BCM and LMT (both 'stripped' with no rail/handguards). I know BCM, less knowledgeable regarding LMT. Is there a significant advantage of one over the other?

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I don't think there is going to be a significant difference between the two, barring they are the same "style" of uppers.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I am likely getting a new upper, and right now my choices are BCM and LMT (both 'stripped' with no rail/handguards). I know BCM, less knowledgeable regarding LMT. Is there a significant advantage of one over the other?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I don't think there is going to be a significant difference between the two, barring they are the same "style" of uppers.
    Same style, M4/carbine length, going old-school with regular hand guards.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are either/both hammer forged? Either/both stainless steel? Same barrel profile? Need more info.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Are either/both hammer forged? Either/both stainless steel? Same barrel profile? Need more info.
    LMT does not make hammer forged or SS barrels (outside of the MRP platform). They make the MRP and then their standard 10.5", 14.5", and 16". LMT makes excellent products as does BCM. You are not going to be disappointed with either. I have run several LMTs and all have served me very well. One thing about the LMT upper is that you are not going to have parkerizing under the FSB so if you are planning to remove the FSB and add a low-pro block, you might want to get a LaRue so that the exposed metal is covered.

I basically view BCM, LMT, and Colt as equals but that is just a quick mental compilation... they all have their unique properties but in my experience the overall quality has been very similar.
    Last edited by midSCarolina; 07-14-13 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    Like others have stated, you will not go wrong with either.

My personal opinion would be BCM (for me, more options), but I would not hesitate with LMT.