Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    I got 6.
    I tried them in 4 lowers.
    They require thor-like strength to seat (empty) on a closed bolt.

I'll be selling mine.

fit and finish are TOP NOTCH, I consider them HK level finish.

BUT methinks the Tavor magwell is ever so slightly different than the AR.

ETA: they work fine, but you will have to do more than just a push/pull to seat.
    Last edited by chapperjoe; 01-17-13 at 09:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good to know that they are at least functional if not optimal.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    I still don't understand the, 'drive over magazines with a truck!' thing.
    Some of us use MAGS as driveway pavers!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Some of us use MAGS as driveway pavers!
    It must be an Arizona thing.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    It must be an Arizona thing.
    That's how we roll!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    It's easy to do, and it usally gives a good comparison between different mags' resistance to bending and denting.
    I think it's done because Travis did it in the original PMag promotion video and everyone thought it was, 'really super awesome'.

It's only a demonstration that many polymers have a much higher elastic limit when compared to aluminum or steel and nothing more. A Thermomold or Orlite could probably do the same feat (though it is nice to know that if I got ran over by a truck the magazines in my pouches might still be good to go ).
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think it's done because Travis did it in the original PMag promotion video and everyone thought it was, 'really super awesome'.
    EXACTLY... Reality TV drama nonsense.

Feedback Score
    Received 2 E-Landers I had on order from Midway. They Function, Seat & Drop Free fine in my Bushy (Don't judge I was learning back then...) but not in my Colt 6920. Fully loaded I have to push on a closed bolt with decent force (download 1-2 rounds and this goes away) and 1 of the 2 Mags does not drop free. If I shake the Colt some it will drop but that is not "drop free" in my book... YMMV.

As others have said the finish is uniform, slightly shiny black and nicely done... that said I'd rather have beat to hell, fugly and 100% functioning then "pretty".

All in all not dissatisfied and will be good for training and classes to keep the PMAG's and GI mags safe if a Mag ban happens.

Feedback Score

It's only a demonstration that many polymers have a much higher elastic limit when compared to aluminum or steel and nothing more. A Thermomold or Orlite could probably do the same feat (though it is nice to know that if I got ran over by a truck the magazines in my pouches might still be good to go ).
    You're only an itty bitty right. To be more specific, it shows that the greater rigidity of the E-Lander is not enough to make up for its lesser elasticity as far as resistance to denting and bending is concerned. These characteristics are determined not just by material but also by structure, and clearly, the E-Lander is not just a steel version of the PMAG or vice versa.

In the end, though, what durability test in which the E-Lander would fail but the PMAG would not could you not dismiss with this same statement? Bending of feed lips? Splitting of spine?

Do we just assume from here out that polymer mags will always be more resistant to damage from denting and bending than steel and aluminum mags and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    EXACTLY... Reality TV drama nonsense.
    Serious question- what would you have liked me to do that would've quickly and easily given you information on the relative durability of the two mags?
    Last edited by Quiet Riot; 01-17-13 at 11:52.
    aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    I am keeping my 6. They seat fully loaded without any issues in my BCM midlength. They take a little more force to seat, but no issues dropping the mags. I did not have any failure to feeds, either.

These will probably be range mags for me. Solid option, considering the availability of PMAGS right now. I do have 20 more PMAGS on back order. Hope to get them by March or so.

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast