Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Riot View Post
    You're only an itty bitty right. To be more specific, it shows that the greater rigidity of the E-Lander is not enough to make up for its lesser elasticity as far as resistance to denting and bending is concerned. These characteristics are determined not just by material but also by structure, and clearly, the E-Lander is not just a steel version of the PMAG or vice versa.
    No. Running over a magazine with a truck is not akin to a military drop test. It is a showy thing to do nowhere close to a scientific test. All it shows is that you can bend/dent a metal magazine if you run it over with a truck. I know USGI mags will get crushed and dented and yet still largely prefer them over PMags for a myriad of reasons.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_M View Post
    No. Running over a magazine with a truck is not akin to a military drop test. It is a showy thing to do nowhere close to a scientific test. All it shows is that you can bend/dent a metal magazine if you run it over with a truck. I know USGI mags will get crushed and dented and yet still largely prefer them over PMags for a myriad of reasons.
    Ah! I get it now.

Hopefully, the rest of the video showed you that the E-Landers are not that great of an AR15 mag no matter what your preference of material. They will probably work in a pinch, but USGI aluminum mags are a much better choice if you have access to them.
    aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    They will probably work in a pinch, but USGI aluminum mags are a much better choice if you have access to them.
    Exactly... I have some steel Brit mags I bought during the last ban in similar circumstance.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ah! I get it now.

Hopefully, the rest of the video showed you that the E-Landers are not that great of an AR15 mag no matter what your preference of material. They will probably work in a pinch, but USGI aluminum mags are a much better choice if you have access to them.
    The E-Landers I ordered haven't gotten here yet but judging from the reports of people saying they aren't consistently dropping from magwells means they'll just be in the, 'training magazine' pile. I plan on comparing them to Hk mags (I have thrown most of them downrange and shot them because they have failed)--not exactly a high benchmark but seems more appropriate.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Running over a magazine laying on rocks is not a fair test. One may have had a better lie on smaller rocks than the other. GH

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Exactly... I have some steel Brit mags I bought during the last ban in similar circumstance.
    I have a butt load of Brit mag's that I replaced the springs and added a Magpul followers that have taken serious abuse at training courses and three gun matches and they are holding up nicely with 100% function.

As to the E-Landers a local range employee had a bunch and had to slightly file the top of the magazine catch slot which made them seat and drop just like another other magazine.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got mine today. They drop free from the Bushmaster AR and SCAR, don't trip the SCAR's BHO early, and feed dummies.

Full testing will have to wait until next week.

H

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has there been a production change to the latest mags or are we looking at two different manufacturers for MAKO?

I received my latest mag order Monday and notice a difference in the magazine bodies. The mag on the right is stamped with a "10" near the base and appears to be pretty much a steel version of the USGI. All my previous mags have the open slot and the "10" stamp. The magazine on the left is stamped with a "12" and has a partially covered magazine catch slot like is found on the HK mag.

You guys who're just getting your mags; which version are you getting?

Feedback Score
    The ones I have that are in the video are "10" open slot mags. I got them just over a week ago.
    aka, "TWANGnBANG"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mine are marked 12 and closed also

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast