Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    Out of the 2 E-Landers I have received (from Midway) 1 Doesn't drop freely (freely meaning I have to give the rifle a downward shake to clear the mag) and both don't seat easily on a closed bolt fully loaded (but downloaded 2 they seat fine).

If I have 5+ different mag brands/styles and all work perfectly with my rifle(s) except one brand which is "perfect"... well in my book that ain't perfect.

I bought the 2 E-Landers with 6 more coming as training mags for classes and the range so I really don't care... but them saying my Colt's not in spec...
    Last edited by ChrisCross; 01-27-13 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I received mine yesterday in the mail.

I measured from the feed lip to the top of the mag catch notch on the magazine and compared it to my USGI mags, and the notch is 1/32" lower.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 02-19-13 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I ordered 12 back around Christmas and received them 3 or 4 weeks later. Compared them to what I had in aluminum and pmags and they seemed to function fit into a bare lower okay dropping free.

With mine, all marked with 12/12 manf date and with the closed notch, I could only get 29 rounds in and once I put the lower on an upper I had trouble getting them to seat as noted above.

I bought them because it was all I could find at the time, but in the mean time managed to get others that came into stock. I've since given 1 away, sold 10 of them and kept 1 just for the heck of it.

Overall, I ended up being disappointed with the shiny black finish, the extra weight and the fact that it was hit or miss on seating them. That said, if I hadn't managed to find pmags and aluminum mags I'd have kept them since they were in hand.

Hope others have better success with them. I didn't try the file on the notch approach, so maybe that is the fix.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Might as well chime in. There's a long running thread on TOS about these, btw. Thinking is, might be the uppers that are not running right w/ the mags.

Anyway, I got my order from 12/28 in finally. Opened one 20-rounder to try. Fit fine/dropped free in a S&W upper/lower. Only with a hard smack would it seat in a LRB Arms lower/LMT upper, and hard to pull back out. Tried that one time only ... Didn't cycle rounds through it.

Don't know about the others in the order. BTW, it seems that Mako has implemented a slight design modification to help; if reports back seem good, and shipping times improve, then I might send back for replacement.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had difficulty seating on a closed bolt when the mag is downloaded to 28 rounds? or are all these issues when at 30. I've got 6 mags in the mail right now and let you all know how they shake out. Really though, i could give two shits if they dont seat at 30, i download all my mags (pmags, usgi ext) to 28. And you should to!
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Might as well chime in. There's a long running thread on TOS about these, btw. Thinking is, might be the uppers that are not running right w/ the mags.
    Sorry, but all other mags seat and drop free like they should. It is most definitely an issue with these mags. I would listen to Betty White's opinion on the matter before most people on TOS.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 02-19-13 at 20:13.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    For full mags not to seat, it has to be one of only a handful of things, right?

1.) the mag catch on the lower is out of spec due to the LPK itself or due to the lower forging being out of spec
    2.) The upper spacing is out of spec not creating enough height
    3.) The BCG is out of spec not allowing enough space
    4.) The mag itself is out of spec with either an improperly spaced mag catch hole, the feed lips are hitting the bolt or there isn't enough give for the rounds to push down as you insert the mag.

I have no clue which the problem is, but I'm betting in my case it was the mags. Mine wouldn't seat on a BCM factory lower, with BCM BCG and BCM upper. This upper/lower combo has no issues with all of my other D&H, Pmag and other mags. The only issue I've had whatsoever is a gen 2 pmag that wouldn't drop free.

The elander had 29 rounds in it as that is all I could fit and wouldn't seat properly in this setup or any of the others I've tried without slapping the fool out of the bottom of the mag.

It is probably the mag catch hole being just slightly out of spec for the AR15/M16 hole that is requiring the extra force.
    Last edited by txbonds; 01-27-13 at 12:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ordered 6 a few days ago. IF I ever get them well see how they work. I decided to order them after I left a local gun show and the cheapest USGI mags were $30 and beat to hell. Pmags were $60+ and I couldn't find any good deals. These fit the price well and I don't mind waiting as long as I get them. They won't be used for any serious work only range mags and to save my Pmags.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvician View Post
    Dude it's been a tough day for me. Thanks for making me laugh!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast