Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm funny in that I would rather have magazines that I know would work.

I'm sure someone will jump in and say they bought a bunch and they are great, but when it comes to magazines, there have been too many horror stories from manufacturers who were trying to be the newest greatest mag supplier. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt those mags will sell right now.

Which is why I am saving my Magpuls, BCM, and KAC mags for either class or HD. These other ones are for range toys, that way I can wear and tear them and have the real deal in standby if ever needed. I can easily justify having range toy and real deal mags monetarily speaking.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'm funny in that I would rather have magazines that I know would work.

I'm sure someone will jump in and say they bought a bunch and they are great, but when it comes to magazines, there have been too many horror stories from manufacturers who were trying to be the newest greatest mag supplier. Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt those mags will sell right now.
    Mako supplies mags to the Israeli army. I would say that these guys are a solid option. I would suspect that the Israeli army uses a mag or two in their theater of operations.

Magpul is overloaded right now. These guys are an option for a good mag, too.
    Last edited by kcara; 12-30-12 at 21:24. Reason: Happy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kcara View Post
    Mako supplies mags to the Israeli army. I would say that these guys are a solid option. I would suspect that the Israeli army uses a mag or two in their theater of operations.

Magpul is overloaded right now. These guys are an option for a good mag, too.
    That has nothing to do with it being the same molds and materials, or being held to the same standards.

If this is the exact same magazine supplied to the IDF, it would certainly be more interesting, but I know of no way to get a legit answer that these are the same and from the same machines.

Its got nothing to do with Magpul or being an employee, nor does it have anything to do with the quality of Magpul PMAGs. There are obviously other mags that run very well. Guys who have been around for awhile understand where I'm going with this.

Before Magpul created the PMAG, how many other quality mags were out there which were not USGI? Most of the ones you saw were garbage with people initially saying they were great, then later saying they were crap.

It would be nice to see a steel magazine that worked and held up for under $20, especially for guys who didn't want to use USGI or PMAGs and didn't care about weight. I've got Brit steel mags laying around that I refinished. When I was in the desert the Brits all wanted to swap their steel mags for the aluminum ones we had.
    Last edited by Stickman; 12-30-12 at 22:12.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It is tempting but Thermamold and Orlite come quickly to mind.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/20...he-mako-group/
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Meh, I ordered a half-dozen E-Lander mags to T&E.

Well, even if they suck ass as magazines they should be decent malfunction training mags, So, no loss on my end (I like, 'training' magazines because a magazine that randomly malfunctions is more useful than setting up one, particular, magazine to malfunction...). Here's hoping they are actually GTG--but they will still be beneficial if they aren't (at worst I hand them out like candy to people I don't like).

Mostly, I'm curious about them as it's an AR/M16 magazine that I don't currently own.

As always, time and training will tell.

It's obvious to me (and some others) that I will break them... it's the circumstances that count the most. So, when I get them, I will use them as range mags and post a review.

With these I am somehow reminded of the Hk steel/shit mags as I type this up.
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I agree with Stick,

I'll probably continue to buy USGI.
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    Just what I needed, thanks a lot.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I agree with Stick. I have PMags and USGI mags and more on back order but I ordered 6 E-Lander mags to try. They're in stock and it was worth the $106 to try them out for training at keast. Remember they will always be a commodity worth having to trade.

I personally don't care for the Mako line of accessories. I do appreciate them holding the line on pricing and working hard to full fill orders. They obviously have a cash cow and they're milking it. But they also have fair prices.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-31-12 at 08:24.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ordered a few but I must say their shipping charges are a bit ridiculous. Almost as bad as cheaperthandirt.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR Newby AZ View Post
    I ordered a few but I must say their shipping charges are a bit ridiculous. Almost as bad as cheaperthandirt.
    If you use jerk as a code in the discount box younget 5% off. Once that code is applied the box will clear, use free-grnd in the box and you willmgetbfree shippng on orders over $99 that's why I ordered 6. I usually order mags 10 or 12 at a time but this is an unknown for me.

Here is a link to Jerking the triggers blog with the codes.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/20...he-mako-group/
    Last edited by usmcvet; 12-31-12 at 09:47.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast