Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    I took Mako's suggestion and moved the upper mag window self up a little. Got out the dreaded Dremel tool last night and found a sanding disk that just fit the width of the upper window edge. Chucked it in my Dremel and removed about 1/32" to 1/16" of metal. Then loaded up the mag with 30 rounds and put in the magwell of my S&W Sport AR with the bolt closed. I rocked it back and forth to see if it would seat like my USGI mags. If it wouldn't seat I removed a little more of the upper shelf edge and tried it again. When I could rock the mag and make it seat with out slapping the bottom of the mag, I went to the next mag. It took about 5 -10 minutes a mag to get them to seat like my Pmags and USGI mags. Since I'm not going to sell mine I didn't mind doing a little fitting. They all work great now. The key is to remove as little metal as it takes to get them to seat and release with finger pressure on the mag release button. I really like the Mako mags, they're very well made and I will be buying more once the craziness settles down. I'll also be buying more Pmags. Doesn't hurt to have both!!!!!
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!
    gunfighter48
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    My order number is 75xx, tracking indicates they are at a nearby PO, should be in tomorrow or Tuesday. We'll see if they fit in my Mil-Spec Colt M16a1 from the 1980s.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvician View Post
    LOLOL!! Yeah that's what I got out of it too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCross View Post
    Out of the 2 E-Landers I have received (from Midway) 1 Doesn't drop freely (freely meaning I have to give the rifle a downward shake to clear the mag) and both don't seat easily on a closed bolt fully loaded (but downloaded 2 they seat fine).

If I have 5+ different mag brands/styles and all work perfectly with my rifle(s) except one brand which is "perfect"... well in my book that ain't perfect.

I bought the 2 E-Landers with 6 more coming as training mags for classes and the range so I really don't care... but them saying my Colt's not in spec...
    I also have a colt but my elander mag drops free loaded and unloaded. Also, it seats fine. Maybe I got a lucky one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Boys... quit ordering this garbage.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Boys... quit ordering this garbage.
    And this is based on your experience with them?

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    And this is based on your experience with them?
    Yes. They failed me on the Bin Ladin Raid!

Hey! I never owned an Olympic Arms gun either! But that doesn't mean I haven't observed enough to know not to make that mistake too!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes. They failed me on the Bin Ladin Raid!

Hey! I never owned an Olympic Arms gun either! But that doesn't mean I haven't observed enough to know not to make that mistake too!
    I have observed a lot in this thread, in another large thread about them on M4C, and in a large thread about them on TOS.

I have concluded that, in this political climate and market, they are worth the asking price for range mags so that I'm not dumping, stepping on, and shoving gravel/GA red clay and bits of gravel into my PMAGs. Unless and until I can just go out and buy more PMAGs at old prices, that is.

I think there are more than enough people with actual feedback to draw conclusions from. I'm willing to file 1/32" to 1/16" of an inch off the notch to get them to seat better, if necessary. I'm even willing to have them be a little more difficult to seat. They seem to universally feed well, and that's what I personally am most concerned with.
    Last edited by Warp; 01-28-13 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is the EXACT same scenario as the SA80 mags during the last ban. I can remember modifiying those to get them to click in.

You can back order good USGI mags from brownells for less money. .. That's what I did. I'm not a big fan of vetting mags that are iffy.
    Last edited by markm; 01-28-13 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is the EXACT same scenario as the SA80 mags during the last ban. I can remember modifiying those to get them to click in.

You can back order good USGI mags from brownells for less money. .. That's what I did. I'm not a big fan of vetting mags that are iffy.
    What's the ship date on that USGI backorder?

Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast