Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Where is it whitetail season right now??
    Jefferson County, Alabama sitting in shooting house right now. 3 more days goes on the 31st. Kinda sux cause our rut really comes on good in Feb., but were working on getting it extended.

Feedback Score

Re: E-Lander magazines

I just received my order today. Number 8402 for six of them. I've only tried one and it snapped in perfectly empty. Loaded magazine with 28 rounds easily but magazine would not seat without slamming it in. I'll load 2 more rounds and let it sit and see what happens.

It's a good thing they're pretty

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well I'm order 21638 lol. It's gonna be AWHILE.

Feedback Score
    new infoGot my 10 in today. I tried 5 of them, marked 12/12. All 5 lock up empty into my Colt M16a1 and 6920. However, it takes a mild push to seat with the upper in place, bolt back or forward. There is no upward play when the upper is on. When the upper is off there is the expected upward play, of about half to 1 mm. A 30 round full mag will seat with a smack, moderate, on the closed bolt, and the mag release needs a firm push with the index finger to drop the mag, but not so tight as to need the thumb. As far as function, that will have to wait for another day. I think they are hitting the upper receiver before they should and milling off a shave of a few thousandths along the upper edge of the catch hole might make it a bit easier to seat without changing the mag lip position. I also tried a S&W M&P 15A I have sitting around and it seats a bit easier, still touching the upper, though. Loaded with 30 cartridges there is just a bit of room to push the bullets down, about 1 mm, but not nearly enough to insert 31 rounds. 1 of the Elanders was slightly sticky so it would not drop free empty, so I gave it a gentle squeeze and it now falls out like the others. Hug your mags and they behave...
    All in all it is not quite as good as I expected but it isn't nearly as bad as I read, either. I think it is very much dependent on your particular gun. It is better than the Gen 1 P-mags I had, which would absolutely not drop free when empty. So if we are to compare apples and oranges, at this point in the game I say the Elander is better with their Gen 1 than Magpul. I also did not buy these to use in my ARs. They are going into my Tavor, if and when it comes in.
    Note: I just now shaved off roughly 20 thousandths from the upper edge of the mag release catch hole on 1 Elander mag using a carbide end-mill in my Harbor Freight mini-mill, which I am still learning how to use. It cuts like butter... The mag now slides in and catches easily in the 6920 and the M16, although there is still virtually no upward play when the upper is in place. Measuring the mag lip to upper edge of catch hole, a couple of Elanders compared to 3 USGI mags (2 Adventureline and 1 Okay), they are between 4 to 12 thousandths lower than USGI. After milling, I am about 6 to 8 thousandths above where USGI is.
    Others have posted about the different mag lip geometry, and I think they are different, and touching the upper receiver before they should. My Colts are as USGI Mil-spec as they come. The paint is thick in spots, so as it wears away things will probably loosen up.
    Bottom line: Elanders are extremely tough steel mags meant for the Tavor. They seem to fit my Milspec AR type guns, locking a bit tight but not extremely tight. If they function (especially in my Tavor) then I will be pleased.
    Addendum: you do not have to run over this mag with a truck to bend it out of shape so it won't work. All you have to do is step on it with your bare foot. Do not step on it. Seems kinda soft, if you ask me. Maybe not as tough as I thought. I have not tried this on any of my aluminum mags. I suspect it would not fare well either.
    Last edited by vicdoc; 01-28-13 at 22:33. Reason: Added information

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaFisherman View Post
    My order 9*** ordered on 1/5 shipped today. I bought a few to try just because of threads like this. I have plenty of GI and Pmag. For the price I thought what the hell try em out.
    Damn I ordered on 1/6 and my order is 17xxx that's a lotta mags, like 18,000 in 24hrs
    Last edited by TheyCallMeGmoney; 01-28-13 at 21:41.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My order 74XX arrived today. Haven't functioned checked them yet but they sure do look nice.
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    Ive got order 126xx for 6 of them and order 193xx for 14 more. They both show processing still but as far as I know they can already be at my house.... ha, I wish. Guess I wont know for sure until I get home on the 31st.
    Last edited by BigRedGunner; 01-29-13 at 00:18.

Feedback Score
    They sold a few million. At SHOT Show they were saying that new orders would take 3 months.

Feedback Score
    126xx was placed on the 11th and 193xx on the 18th

I'd hate to know what current order #'s are at. My first order will probably ship mid-February, 2nd order probably mid-march.
    Last edited by BigRedGunner; 01-29-13 at 00:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeGmoney View Post
    Damn I ordered on 1/6 and my order is 17xxx that's a lotta mags, like 18,000 in 24hrs
    same day but 15xxx

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast