Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Any ETA on the back orders though?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Any ETA on the back orders though?
    I'm not sure. I have an order of PMags on back order. I have for about a month. Two weeks the six Black Dog .22 mags came in. I have confidence in Brownells. They also didn't charge until they shipped!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What is this design modification?
    I think the company is making the magazine catch slot slightly taller, thus engaging the mag-release sooner.

Stolen from a post by Mako, from TOS:
    <<quoted from prior poster: I got a batch that seemed a touch out of spec. It took pressure from both thumbs to release the mag so I took a dremel tool and shaved off a few thousands from the top of the mag catch slot. Big improvement.>>

Mako's reply:

The mags were designed to fit the military contract Colt rifles. We just checked them and found them to be right on as far as the Colt drawings (military specifications). It turns out that there are a few civilian market ARs that are just enough out of spec that the mags do not work as well. Checking other mags, we found that they are often just out of spec enough to work in these rifles. We are working on a slight adjustment to the mags, but they will still stay within allowable specifications.

If you happen to be one of the few who have an issue with fit with these mags, the mod you did is exactly the correct modification. We just recommend that you break in the spring first, and don't take too much off.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    I think the company is making the magazine catch slot slightly taller, thus engaging the mag-release sooner.

Stolen from a post by Mako, from TOS:
    <<quoted from prior poster: I got a batch that seemed a touch out of spec. It took pressure from both thumbs to release the mag so I took a dremel tool and shaved off a few thousands from the top of the mag catch slot. Big improvement.>>

Mako's reply:

The mags were designed to fit the military contract Colt rifles. We just checked them and found them to be right on as far as the Colt drawings (military specifications). It turns out that there are a few civilian market ARs that are just enough out of spec that the mags do not work as well. Checking other mags, we found that they are often just out of spec enough to work in these rifles. We are working on a slight adjustment to the mags, but they will still stay within allowable specifications.

If you happen to be one of the few who have an issue with fit with these mags, the mod you did is exactly the correct modification. We just recommend that you break in the spring first, and don't take too much off.
    well, that is funny considering I tried them in three different Colts. I doubt the "military contract rifles" are that much if any different than mine. Mine are tight in (lock with 30 with a smack upward) and tight out (won't drop free) in my Colts and my KAC. Not hating on them, I will use as range mags but just putting out some info.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 01-29-13 at 20:10.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Got any leads on some decent price Magpuls or USGIs for those out there looking? I have 25 Magpuls and a handful of USGIs so not in desperate need, just wondering where someone who needs some HQ mags can find them.
    Buffertech has 20 round NHMTG for 20$
    http://www.buffertech.com/M16-20-rou...-new-P151.aspx

PKfirearms has 30 round NHMTG for 25$ and
    http://www.pkfirearms.com/searchall/index (limit of 5)

DSG has 20 round Pmags in stock
    http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MAG217BLK.aspx

Check out the where can I find it thread constant deal updates there if you can stand the email reminders. All these deals are listed there.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...13#post1527213

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drx View Post
    same day but 15xxx
    Nevermind, its 105xx, so I should expect these soon...I hope

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My 98xx order just shipped 1/28/13.

My 101xx order has yet to.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 01-29-13 at 23:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    My 98xx order just shipped 1/28/13.
    I have not got a shipping notice on my 97xx order from 1/6.
    Last edited by Bret; 01-30-13 at 07:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You can back order good USGI mags from brownells for less money. .. That's what I did. I'm not a big fan of vetting mags that are iffy.
    Yup, I did it also 17 days ago. No ship notice yet, but I could care less as I'm sitting on mountain of mags already.

I wouldn't waste money taking a chance on these.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Yup, I did it also 17 days ago. No ship notice yet, but I could care less as I'm sitting on mountain of mags already.

I wouldn't waste money taking a chance on these.
    There's a separate thread reviewing these turds going on now. Doesn't look good.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast