Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slamd095 View Post
    I couldnt resist...with all the back orders..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEHMZZdSjCg
    LOLOL! Nice!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's a separate thread reviewing these turds going on now. Doesn't look good.
    Just saw that... "O" for 3 kids.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I am regretting purchasing these E-Landers, I believe MAKO when they say they are technically in-spec. The problem is USGI mags are also in-spec and do not have any of the problems the E-landers do. MAKO is now saying they opened up the tolerances of the mags a bit but still within the range of specification, but it is too late. If you are vigilant you can find D&H USGI mags w/ magpul followers pop up for between $16.99 and $20. I Wish I would have waited on the E-landers so I could have ordered more USGI...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

E-Lander magazines

Instead of ordering them from MAKO you might start seeing them for sale on our EE as well.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner70 View Post
    Instead of ordering them from MAKO you might start seeing them for sale on our EE as well.
    Or pick them out of the trash at your local ranges

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Or pick them out of the trash at your local ranges
    What is your experience with them?

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    What is your experience with them?
    Luckily I haven't bought a single one.

A good friend, Rob, managed to procure a couple. He was nice enough to allow me to handle both the last time we were at his range.

FTF's and would not drop free from my AR. Even downloaded to 28 it took considerable force to seat them. That fails all my tests for mags.

They would drop free from his RRA. But also would cause FTF's.

This mirrors the review in the other thread. Coincidence is not something I subscribe to.

Feedback Score
    Received mine today. Will not lock in my MVP, will work and drop free in the one BCM lower I tried. Have not used on the range yet. I only bought 3 ten rounders to use with my MVP ...oh well lesson learned. Into the spare last resort box
    Last edited by TunaFisherman; 01-30-13 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Okay, still waiting on my order to process (147XX...which looking at some of the recent numbers ain't so bad) but in the meantime I got to check one of these things out. Guy I work with got some in a trade, 12/12 marked with a 14 lot number. Provided it's a sample of only one, here's what I found:

Colt M4 (mil issue at work): Loaded to 30 rounds takes a medium slap to seat
    BCM #1 complete carbine: Loaded to 30 needs a significant slap to seat.
    BCM #2 with #1 upper: Loaded to 30 rounds takes a medium slap to seat
    Daniel Defense M4V3: Loaded to 30 rounds takes a slight slap to seat
    Adcor Defense BEAR GP Elite: Loaded to 30 rounds takes a slight slap to seat.

None could be pushed in to seat on a closed bolt without considerable effort. However, all could be pushed in on an open bolt and locked into place relatively easy. Haven't tried downloading it to 28 rounds because I'm a firm believer if a mag is supposed to hold 30 rounds, it better have 30 rounds loaded.

Ejecting is not easy on a loaded mag...but if I'm ejecting, it should be empty anyway. Kind of a moot point, but it's there. Harder on the BCM #1 than the others.

Seems pretty tight in the mag well, but that's probably because it's new and the exterior hasn't worn much yet. It dropped free when empty easily enough on open and closed bolts. Ammo was Mk 318, Mod 0 type and I noticed a good dent starting to show on the top round from repeated seatings.

I know tolerances, made to mil spec and all that jazz, but if that mag catch recess area was raised about 1/64th or maybe even 1/32nd higher, this would be a non-issue for most rifles out there, mil spec or not. Nobody can say Daniel Defense or BCM aren't as close to mil-spec as possible. And the issue M4...can't say it's out of spec at all.

Raise that mag catch slightly and you have no issues with 99% of the ARs out there.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    These turds are starting to show up for sale in the EE here.

Sell them to ARF TARDS, guys.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast