Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    People don't come to this site to get coddled for buying bad products. The come for the no BS straight poop on what works and what's crap.
    They don't come to this sight to see one person, who has never owned (or even handled let alone used?) a product repeatedly trash talk it (all in the same thread), to the point of disagreeing with and arguing with people who are actually providing real world first hand feedback.
    Last edited by Warp; 01-31-13 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    I have two Zoo-Lander 30 round mags that I picked up at a show a few weeks back and they both work perfectly. I only loaded them with 20 rounds each time and they were both used in my 2 S&W lowers at the range. No fitament or feeding issues. Not too tight in the magwell or anything. They fit just like my PMags, but with a little less side to side wiggle. I think if the the spring is given a chance to break in a bit, might resolve some of the seating issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    They don't come to this sight to see one person, who has never owned (or even handled let alone used?) a product repeatedly trash talk it (all in the same thread), to the point of disagreeing with and arguing with people who are actually providing real world first hand feedback.
    Last edited by maverickma; 01-31-13 at 17:57.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    According to the industry rep on TOS, they are in the final stages of making a modification to the catch. Supposedly going through final testing on Sunday.

Apparently enough folks have bitched and they are working improvements. Nothing to be done with the massive amount in circulation, by at least they addressed it and made changes.

It has a nice fit and finish to it and looks to be a good mag as long as it doesn't need to be slammed in. Nice to see them responding to the consumer but time will tell if the fix works. Not that I'd be out a lot since they will hold value and if they suck I can still get out what I put in and get on the backordertrain for Pmags or USGI at reasonable prices.
    I might be wrong but I think the damage to their reputation is already done.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I might be wrong but I think the damage to their reputation is already done.
    For This forum anyway. I'm sure folks over on TOS and other places will be justifying/rationalizing their purchase and talking up these mags, just like CProds...
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 02-01-13 at 12:34.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    For This forum anyway. I'm sure folks over on TOS and other places will be justifying/rationalizing their purchase and talking up these mags, just like CProds...
    Oh yes, far be it for a company to make mistakes in their initial product lines and put out two revisions within 60 days in response to customer demands and reviews. Way easier for some to sit back and say "they suck because their mags don't fit" while basing our justifications on a product that's two versions old.

The audacity of Mako actually listening to the end user and making modifications trying to get it right even during the largest run on gun parts our country has ever seen. How dare they! Should have just ignored the end user and continued to put out shit products to really give us a reason to hate them.

But we'll just hate them anyway, because...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I don't hate them. But I won't buy them again. Charging my card a month before shipping upset me. Correcting the issues is great but what about the 125,000+ magazines "we" bought that don't work like they should? Kinda sucks to have to modify something to get it to work the way it should.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not too worried about them. When and if they ever show up ill run them for range mags. Then if they don't work ill hack me up with a Dremel and see if I can get them to run.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I don't hate them. But I won't buy them again. Charging my card a month before shipping upset me. Correcting the issues is great but what about the 125,000+ magazines "we" bought that don't work like they should? Kinda sucks to have to modify something to get it to work the way it should.
    I agree and (not to sound like the resident apologist) they have changed that policy as well since it's taking months to ship items out. Charges now take place at shipping like most normal companies.

I'm pretty heavily invested in Magpul and USGI types of magazines and could have realistically waited on prices to go back down and stocks to come up on those without purchasing these. But I'll be the first to admit I panic bought some since I saw the big "In stock and shipping" words and the ban was getting tossed around pretty frequently at the time. So I made a purchase and started seeing the negative reviews about the fitment issues.

"FML" I thought and figured I'd use them for range mags if nothing else. Relatively expensive range mags compared to USGI standard, but at least I'm not having to use my "good" mags and get them beat up. Then got to play with one first hand and considered cancelling the order all together since they were not quite as advertised and I had first hand experience with the fitment issues.

But I do see a company responding to the end user and making modifications even during a huge surge in production/sales. If they take the time to work the issues and make it right instead of saying "screw everyone, we ain't stopping the machines as they are selling just fine" maybe I could wait and see if the fix actually takes. As stated before, I'm not going to be out that much as they will hold their value in this market right now and I could work towards more Pmags/USGI w/ Magpul followers. But I'll give them a shot to see if they work while still looking around for other types I'm completely comfortable with. But perhaps this latest modification will do the trick and these things will be the DD tits on a 24 inch waist. I'm in a wait and see for the moment.

As for the hundred thousand in circulation? Yeah, it sucks to have to modify to get them to work. Maybe contact the company and see if they'll do a one for one swap when the new ones hit the warehouse. Can't honestly give you any good advice on that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    For This forum anyway. I'm sure folks over on TOS
    What's TSO??

Feedback Score
    Those of you waiting, I just canned my purchase, so you all just moved up one place!!

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast