Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slamd095 View Post
    Those of you waiting, I just canned my purchase, so you all just moved up one place!!

How did you cancel? Did they refund your money already?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just didn't like the fact that they said there was nothing wrong with their mags and it was our weapons that was the problem. Yet I've tried a few different brands in my Colt and they worked fine.

Also.. what is TOS? I keep seeing that, people have asked but no one ever answers them.
    Last edited by boogergoo; 02-01-13 at 16:54.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boogergoo View Post
    I just didn't like the fact that they said there was nothing wrong with their mags and it was our weapons that was the problem. Yet I've tried a few different brands in my Colt and they worked fine.

Also.. what is TOS? I keep seeing that, people have asked but no one ever answers them.
    The
    Other
    Site

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Oh yes, far be it for a company to make mistakes in their initial product lines and put out two revisions within 60 days in response to customer demands and reviews. Way easier for some to sit back and say "they suck because their mags don't fit" while basing our justifications on a product that's two versions old.

The audacity of Mako actually listening to the end user and making modifications trying to get it right even during the largest run on gun parts our country has ever seen. How dare they! Should have just ignored the end user and continued to put out shit products to really give us a reason to hate them.

But we'll just hate them anyway, because...
    It's not about hate. It's about accountability. The mistakes should have been caught prior to the first one being sold through R&D and quality control. I'm willing to give any manufacturer a chance, but when they sell defective products right off the bat, no one here or anyone who spent their hard earned cash, will appreciate it. Claiming that they are USGI quality when it appears that they just looked at the cosmetics or look of the mag, rather than the function, which we'd all agree, is far more important. They should have worked the bugs out/wrung them out, even given a few hundred out to T&E on gun forums or professionals trainers so real users could provide feedback (much like most quality manufacturers do), PRIOR to marketing them to the general public. Charging customers CCs without having product in hand, unless clearly stated, is not a feather in their cap. Fixing them after the fact by coming out with more refined products, when their mistakes are found out by consumers, while commendable, is not a smart way of doing business. By not doing so, they may have sealed their fate if they don't stand by their product and start replacing all those defective mags they sold, free of charge.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boogergoo View Post

TOS = the other site = www.ar15.com

People here largely dislike and talk down to it, but you hear it referenced a lot because there are a lot of good, informative threads over there and they have a very large, very active membership base. There are also a lot of manufacturers/distributors/dealers that post over there more than over here, it looks like, surely due to the larger volume of posters TOS gets.

There's a lot more crap over there, though. I mean, I joined TOS in either 2005 or 2006, and I have maybe 9 posts.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Belloc; 05-11-13 at 18:06.
    "Do you need to be told that even such modest attainments as you boast of in the way of polite society will hardly survive the Faith to which they owe their significance?"
    T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    How did you cancel? Did they refund your money already?
    I hit them up on the contact page. I looked everywhere for the cancel order and finally decided I was going to end up talking to them some how. Fired off an email in the afternoon, and in about an hour, got a reply that my order was cancelled. Make sure you copy all your order info. (order number, order receipt number etc. ) They told me i would see my money early next week, but after checking the bank, it was already there.

Just read too much negativity on this. I felt if I paid for something, I shouldn't have to finish it if similar products are finished well.
    Last edited by slamd095; 02-02-13 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    Im on the fence on these at this point.

I ordered them with nothing in hand and have had a few Pmag/USGI mag orders come through since. I think I am currently sitting on 25 mags with 30 more on back order and I just don't know if I can justify buying these at this point.

For what its worth I contacted Mako via their facebook page today and within 1 hour they responded that if I wanted to cancel they would refund my money immediately and cancel the order, it is set to ship mon/tues Order# 10,600 ish.
    Pretty sure I am going to cancel and just go Pmag/USGI now that they are becoming available again.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Any NEW mag that needs modified to to work out of the bag is simply not up to par.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Any NEW mag that needs modified to to work out of the bag is simply not up to par.
    Well said.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast