Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    Got mine about a week ago. As i expected they would not seat on a closed bolt. They also were very hard to load and the followers seemed to stick within the mag bodies. I was very apprehensive but brought them to the range anyway.

After tuning the slots in the mag for my mag catch and running all 6 mags at the range i feel better about my purchase. They ran flawlessly and the followers/springs really smoothed out after just a few rounds. They load easily, drop free, and with the few minute modification are able to seat on a closed bolt during a tactical reload.

After some thinking i decided i was really glad i got them. Yeah they are not p-mags but they are steel and rugged as all hell. I am hoping that with these as my training mags they will last a long, long time. If there is any sort of ban, these will save wear and tear on my go-to pmags.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Got mine about a week ago. As i expected they would not seat on a closed bolt. They also were very hard to load and the followers seemed to stick within the mag bodies. I was very apprehensive but brought them to the range anyway.

After tuning the slots in the mag for my mag catch and running all 6 mags at the range i feel better about my purchase. They ran flawlessly and the followers/springs really smoothed out after just a few rounds. They load easily, drop free, and with the few minute modification are able to seat on a closed bolt during a tactical reload.

After some thinking i decided i was really glad i got them. Yeah they are not p-mags but they are steel and rugged as all hell. I am hoping that with these as my training mags they will last a long, long time. If there is any sort of ban, these will save wear and tear on my go-to pmags.
    Thank you for the actual use feedback. That is exactly what I am hoping for out of them, product wise.

Now if only they could get closer to meeting their claimed shipping times.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    I am hoping that with these as my training mags they will last a long, long time.
    Not to pick on you directly, but I keep hearing this.

Why does anyone want to train with sub-standard mags? Magazines are a disposable item. Nobody ever said "I bought this Nikon to train with while my S&B sits in the safe.

You should be training with the exact same gear you are risking your life on.
    This whole training mag idea is a bullshit trend and a bad habit in general.

I have a feeling lots of people have buyers remorse and are using the excuse "they will be my training mags" instead of shitcanning them like they should be.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Not to pick on you directly, but I keep hearing this.

Why does anyone want to train with sub-standard mags? Magazines are a disposable item. Nobody ever said "I bought this Nikon to train with while my S&B sits in the safe.

You should be training with the exact same gear you are risking your life on.
    This whole training mag idea is a bullshit trend and a bad habit in general.

I have a feeling lots of people have buyers remorse and are using the excuse "they will be my training mags" instead of shitcanning them like they should be.
    What is the functional difference between an e-lander magazine that seats, drops free, feeds, and overall functions 100% and a PMAG that does the same? Other than the e-lander magazine being heavier, that is.

Here's one way of looking at it: There was (and still is) no guarantee that there won't be a magazine ban or restriction of some kind. If that were to happen, if you were to be stuck with the magazines you currently have, or 10 round mags, or extremely expensive second-hand standard capacity magazines...and you don't have a massive supply of mags...more magazines is more magazines. Say you have 8 PMAGs right now. Would you really want to be throwing them around at the range, stepping on them, generally beating them up? Sure, MORE PMAGs would be the best solution...but where you can you order...and actually receive...PMAGs for $17??

So you say we should train with the exact same stuff. Okay. Would you sell me new 30 round PMAGs for $17 shipped? That I get at/before the time I get the e-lander mags??

What I really hope happens is that in 6-9 months, or whatever, I sit here and look at my $17 e-lander mags and my $20 NHMTG mags, while PMAGs are selling for $12-$14, and wonder if I ever should have bought any of them. But I like to mitigate my risk, and having a half dozen e-lander mags and a 16 NHMTG mags in addition to my PMAGs doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

How many do you have and what problems have you had?

Edit: I just searched this thread and it seems pretty clear you are one of those "vocal few" talking out about the magazines despite never having used one.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    How many do you have and what problems have you had?
    I've posted multiple times that I don't and wont own this shit. When multiple posts show mags not locking the bolt back and first round fail-to-feed issues. I have no desire to own them.

Your argument is quantity over quality. That's fine.

Anyone talking the doom and gloom "what if I can never buy another hi-cap mag again" is just adding to fear buying. Mags will NOT be banned tomorrow or even next month. It's not going to happen.
    Most people don't realize but Brownells still allows back-orders on their GI mags. I would rather wait a month (like I currently am) for 10 good mags than wind up with a bunch of IDF paperweights. On the same note, I would rather have 3 mags that were 100% than 10 with issues.

Again, it's your personal preference to buy what you want, but it doesn't change my point about training with shit gear.

I also don't feel bad for anyone who got caught with their pants down realizing they didn't have enough mags to sleep soundly. There was plenty of time to buy mags.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've posted multiple times that I don't and wont own this shit. When multiple posts show mags not locking the bolt back and first round fail-to-feed issues. I have no desire to own them.

Your argument is quantity over quality. That's fine.

Anyone talking the doom and gloom "what if I can never buy another hi-cap mag again" is just adding to fear buying. Mags will NOT be banned tomorrow or even next month. It's not going to happen.
    Most people don't realize but Brownells still allows back-orders on their GI mags. I would rather wait a month (like I currently am) for 10 good mags than wind up with a bunch of IDF paperweights. On the same note, I would rather have 3 mags that were 100% than 10 with issues.

Again, it's your personal preference to buy what you want, but it doesn't change my point about training with shit gear.

I also don't feel bad for anyone who got caught with their pants down realizing they didn't have enough mags to sleep soundly. There was plenty of time to buy mags.
    The more I pay attention the more I want to get these excellent quality magazines that take 2 minutes to make 100% reliable just so I can use them and post pictures of them and provide real world feedback on how they work in order to counter the "vocal few" who keep trash talking them without any experience whatsoever.

What are you doing in this thread repeatedly trashing magazines you never owned, never used, and never ordered??
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What are you doing in this thread repeatedly trashing magazines you never owned, never used, and never ordered??
    Definitely not making a bunch of straw-man arguments to save face.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Definitely not making a bunch of straw-man arguments to save face.
    It isn't a straw-man when it's factual.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I hear what you are trying to say, but I agree with Dave L.

Primarily because I know his background and what he does. Second because I don't purchase shitty magazines to use for training. I want all of my mags to function 100% without modification and all of mine do just that.

This is the same reason I wouldn't buy those shit KCI Glock mags when they were plentiful. I saw first hand where someones life was ended due to shitty maintenance and magazines and I don't care ot be "that" guy.

It isn't a straw-man when it's factual.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I hear what you are trying to say, but I agree with Dave L.

Primarily because I know his background and what he does. Second because I don't purchase shitty magazines to use for training. I want all of my mags to function 100% without modification and all of mine do just that.

This is the same reason I wouldn't buy those shit KCI Glock mags when they were plentiful. I saw first hand where someones life was ended due to shitty maintenance and magazines and I don't care ot be "that" guy.
    I have four KCI Glock magazines (15 round 9mm "G19" mags). I have been using them at the range for years and years. I have never had a single problem with any of them. This is actually an EXCELLENT analogy. I actually own and use those magazines, and in exactly the same role that is being discussed here. I use and abuse them at the range because they were less expensive than Glock brand magazines. I test my Glock brand mags to make sure they work and I load up for potential defensive use with them, and put some 'back' as 'just in case' that stay in pristine condition...and I can afford more of the Glock brand magazines precisely because I do range/training stuff with the KCI. But you don't think that is a viable option, despite apparently never using them. (and probably having a much more significant budget/allocation/allowance for items of this type than myself and others)

I thought one of the important aspects of this site was actual users providing actual feedback on products they actually have experience with.

It seems strange to me that people with admittedly zero experience with a product are arguing against the people that have the product in their hands, and who just got back from using the product for live fire.

So what is his background and what does he do? Right now for all I/many others know he is just some guy who can't shut up about how crappy a product he has never owned, possessed, or used is.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 15:24.

Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast