Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That's not what I said. The priority for me when buying anything (rifle, pistol or shotgun) is to get the weapon, ammo and magazines.

Shit like lights, sights, or gadgets are all last on my list because ultimately the weapon is useless without the basics as people are finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    What might disappear soon? Those three things?

That's why mediocre magazines like the e-landers are still worth buying to some people. Because there is a chance they might disappear, and the reports from actual users indicate that if you can use a file for a minute or two you will get a well made, reliable, functional magazine. At least that's the gist of what I am getting, if you can wade through all of the abrasive posts by those who have not used them.

Have you used e-lander mags, or seen them in use?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    That's not what I said. The priority for me when buying anything (rifle, pistol or shotgun) is to get the weapon, ammo and magazines.

Shit like lights, sights, or gadgets are all last on my list because ultimately the weapon is useless without the basics as people are finding out.
    Do you believe people who got into the platform this year should have acquired as many magazines as they would need to feel comfortable with should there be an AWB /magazine restriction before buying a sling, light, or optic/BUIS?

I mean...hindsight is 20/20, nobody seemed to think an AWB/mag restriction had a snowball's chance in hell until the middle of December, and then it became a little uncertain (depending on who you asked)
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 19:49.

Feedback Score
    I'll shoot my AR as a single shot before I'd spend another dime on an E-Lander.

Feedback Score
    From what I have observed I do believe they are correct in their assessment that the problem is being blown out of proportion by a vocal few...sometimes a vocal few who haven't even used one of the mags themselves, lol
    I bought one, and the damn thing won't seat without slamming it in, and that's even with the bolt carrier removed from the upper.

Tired of their excuses, and their "fixes". The MakoDefense rep on barfcom is a F'ing joke.

And yes, I'm one of the vocal few THAT DOES have experience with these P.O.S.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvician View Post
    I bought one, and the damn thing won't seat without slamming it in, and that's even with the bolt carrier removed from the upper.

Tired of their excuses, and their "fixes". The MakoDefense rep on barfcom is a F'ing joke.

And yes, I'm one of the vocal few THAT DOES have experience with these P.O.S.
    Did you try removing the 1/32" or 1/16" from the top of the magazine notch?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Did you try removing the 1/32" or 1/16" from the top of the magazine notch?
    We shouldn't have to.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    We shouldn't have to.
    Understandable position.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It's been covered in the pages above. If I need to I will. It's an issue we shouldn't have to deal with.

Understandable position.

---Quote (Originally by usmcvet)---
    We shouldn't have to.
    ---End Quote---
    Understandable position.

So why not make people aware that they may need to file 1/32" to 1/16" off the top of the mag slot to make it seat/drop properly and let them decide if that is something they find reasonable/are willing to deal with?

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Shouldn't have to....

these mags were advertised as being "high performance durable steel magazines, tested special military forces and anti-terror units".

With any other magazine I have bought I haven't had to "adjust" the mag catch opening, or have to slam them in to get them to seat.

I wouldn't have even bought the one I did except I like to try new things.
    Last edited by mvician; 02-04-13 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvician View Post
    Shouldn't have to....

these mags were advertised as being "high performance durable steel magazines, testted special military forces and anti-terror units".

With any other magazine I have bought I haven't had to "adjust" the mag catch opening, or have to slam them in to get them to seat.

I wouldn't have even bought the one I did except I like to try new things.
    Okay. You shouldn't have to.

But did you?

Do you want me to take the mag off your hands? I'd be happy to try.
    Last edited by Warp; 02-04-13 at 20:50.

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast