Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Lander magazines

Feedback Score
    I received my E-Lander magazines. They're marked with a February, 2013 date code. The first one I tried will absolutely only hold 29 cartridges. There's no way in the world that one more is going to fit. The follower is bottoming out on something. I took it apart and removed the spring. I could then insert 30 cartridges with all the other parts assembled. My guess at this point is the spring is fully compressing. The second one I tried holds 30 cartridges. I'll have to disassemble both to see what the difference is. Both are hard as heck to seat in to three different AR15's (Colt, Stag, CMMG) when they're fully loaded and the bolt is forward. When not loaded, they seat very easily when the bolt is forward.

Feedback Score
    Bret - may I ask what your order number was?

Feedback Score
    10595. I received them about a week ago.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Just to make sure I'm not missing something...you are order number 10,595 and your magazines were manufactured in Feb of 2013?

And those of us with an order number of 14,000-15,000 and higher were told that the mags were "In Stock" with a "2-3 week" expected delivery timetable, when we ordered and paid for them 6-8 weeks ago?

Feedback Score
    While all that's true, don't assume that they're using a FIFO (first in first out) inventory method. They may be using LIFO (last in first out) due to issues with the earlier magazines. Perhaps they're sending the earlier ones back to Israel?

Feedback Score
    Thanks Bret.
    I guess at 11558 I have a bit of a wait yet.

I had an email reply from them 2 weeks ago to my query about what was shipping:

"I would expect that order to ship next week. The Rev3 mags are arriving tomorrow, and we have been holding back a bit on fulfilling orders waiting for them to come in so we can get the most orders possible filled with the new revision mags."

That email was dated 14 February... and his expectation was obviously not met.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobdriver View Post
    Thanks Bret.
    I guess at 11558 I have a bit of a wait yet.

I had an email reply from them 2 weeks ago to my query about what was shipping:

"I would expect that order to ship next week. The Rev3 mags are arriving tomorrow, and we have been holding back a bit on fulfilling orders waiting for them to come in so we can get the most orders possible filled with the new revision mags."

That email was dated 14 February... and his expectation was obviously not met.
    There's a LOT of that going around. With Mako, anyway.
    Last edited by Warp; 03-01-13 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Same, and I think I was order 10594.

I'll probably sell 3 of the 6. I don't need this many mags. The only one I opened took 30 rounds fine, but was difficult to seat.

Feedback Score
    My brother in law received his mags today with a production date of 2/13

None of them will seat on a closed bolt when fully loaded in either of his LMT lowers.

I had an order I managed to cancel that was made the same time as his so the order number would have been right around 10,500 give or take.

Feedback Score
    This thread is is the only place anyone is reporting seating problems with the revised magazines.

I personally gave the Mod2 mags to LMT, which were the ones that some people were having seating issues with. LMT tested them and found no issues with their rifles. Now I am sending sample Mod3 mags to LMT to test, but since they had no issues with the Mod2 Mags, I am sure there is no issue with the Mod3 mags with their rifles.

All magazines will seat harder on a closed bolt than on an open bolt when loaded.

If the magazines seat fine on an open bolt, then they will still seat hard on a closed bolt when they are new. You will need to give the spring a chance to break in, the same as you do with other extra power springs.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast