I have always had a soft spot for FAL's - I own many of them and the classic elegance of the design is an engineering masterpiece

If I had to pick one FAL above them all that I have a weakness for it would be the T48 - the version tested by the US Army in the trails against the T44 ( which became the M14) ; it has several unique features that were not found on later versions of the FAL and these features give it a very distinct appearance

Unfortunately these exact same unique features mean doing an accurate replica in this day and age is exceedingly difficult - I asked many savvy FAL guys about locating parts for a T48 build and in most cases I came up empty handed - key pieces like the folding trigger guard and pistol grip and rear sight base are like moon rocks

It just came down to the fact that if I wanted a T48 I would have to build one- source as many key parts as possible ( like the handguard assembly, front sling swivel, gas regulator, gas plug, rear sight, etc. ) and then modify existing FAL parts or make from scratch parts that were unobtainable -starting with modifications to a DS Arms type 1 receiver

After a year of slow methodical work and modification the T48 is done - a lot of people helped along the way but the guy who deserves the lions share of credit is my good buddy Arnold Dew of AD Custom ; he is well known to many of the M4C old timers for making his M4 piston uppers. Arnold and I have been friends for many years and he has helped me on more projects than I can count but I can honestly say this is our finest effort thus far - we are both very pleased with our end result and we hope you guys like the pics ( stand by.... )

Enjoy and hit me with any questions you might have

Be safe

LAV