Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FN T48 replica ; finally finished!!

Feedback Score
    The top cover was designed to use stripper clips to top off the magazine - the Canadians used a similar stripper clip top cover on their C1 FAL's

It was an early feature that was later dropped and FAL's from that point forward had the top cover that has become part of the unmistakeable sleek appearance of the FAL

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Very nice and clean build/restoration. Looks great. I don't know mich about the FAL platform but this build has me interested in learning.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    The top cover was designed to use stripper clips to top off the magazine - the Canadians used a similar stripper clip top cover on their C1 FAL's

It was an early feature that was later dropped and FAL's from that point forward had the top cover that has become part of the unmistakeable sleek appearance of the FAL
    I had to take a second look at that top cover in the pictures i had never seen that before .Beautiful rifle Mr Vickers can't wait to see it on TacTv
    Last edited by warpigM-4; 01-01-13 at 08:55.

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Beautiful rifle. Thank you for sharing. I love my FAL's.

What are the two "nubs" at the front of the receiver?

Happy New Year.
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    The two nubs on the front of the receiver were guides for the stripper clip - it interfaced with the stripper clip top cover at the rear of the ejection port

Feedback Score
    Larry,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. What a project this must have been, but the result is outstanding. An excellent reproduction of an unusual variant!

John Thomas

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Larry,

Your rifle is too good looking and too well done to shoot.

Well, done. I have always loved FALs with wood furniture. (About to be a FAL owner myself in the coming future).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks. Didn't realize there were guides fore and aft.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That is one classy looking battle rifle.

Hell of a job on the rebuild.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    A song sung in steel and wood, very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast