Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am looking at building a post AWB Utility Rifle

Feedback Score
    First before you build the rifle donate a like amount of funds to the NRA or some other 2nd amendment group.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    Get a lever action 30-30 because its a damn good gun (it did win the west after all) notnot because of some BS ban. Thats a self defeatist mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    First before you build the rifle donate a like amount of funds to the NRA or some other 2nd amendment group.
    Your attitude sucks.

There is no need to pimp out a 30-30. Peep sights are an excellent idea. Why do you want to change the stock. What's wrong with the factory wood stock? It's a 30-30. A take down would be very handy or even an SBR.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iball View Post
    I've got a decent .308 bolt-gun, never thought about a .308 lever gun.
    I like lever guns though, what manufacturers make 'em in .308?
    I've got an old (read:discontinued) Savage Model 99 in .308 WIN. It utilizes an internal fixed 5-round rotary magazine which eliminates the problem of spire-point rounds in a tube magazine. Dead-nuts accurate for a standard 22" barrel (1 MOA @ 300 meters).

Decent ones can be found for around $450.

Feedback Score
    I love the BLR TD in 308 after I spend some time on it.

WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

That is one sweet rifle! Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I do this rifle as often as I can.
    I love the way it comes out.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    MR. Smith may I say you make some of the nicest lever guns / wheel guns i have seen. I think i have to send my 45-70 Guide gun down to you and have some work done..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Your attitude sucks.

There is no need to pimp out a 30-30. Peep sights are an excellent idea. Why do you want to change the stock. What's wrong with the factory wood stock? It's a 30-30. A take down would be very handy or even an SBR.
    I am confused, whose attitude sucks?
    Jeremiah 25: "Do not provoke me to anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you".

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post

All ready to drop into a fitted Hardigg case.

Your creativity is always a delight, Joe.

Feedback Score
    The Savage 99 is a great choice. I have one in 243 and it can give me 1" groups at 100yds with cheapo factory ammo. Only thing is...around here, they have achieved collector status and tend to run about 500-600 bucks.

The Browning BLR is a good idea, but I don't know how accurate they are. They look handy but they are also very glossy and shiny and I never cared for their fancy finish.

How about the Ruger American Rifle? I have seen them for 350 bucks around here and they come in many calibers. Reviews so far are great for the money spent. Nice triggers, too.

In fact, I have just about given up on my lightweight varminter rig and looking for a Savage or other sporter weight barreled 223 and am considering a Ruger American in 243. The 243 has recoil similar to the 223 but can shoot heavier bullets that make it double duty for deer and varmints. With the current panic buying...243 is TONS easier to find in bulk than 223 and every small town gunstore and Wal Mart carries 243 ammo.

I'd look at a Ruger American or Savage 11 Hunter in 223 or 243....for the money....they are hard to beat.

-brickboy240

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast