Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 blackout with AK reliability

Feedback Score

300 blackout with AK reliability

Hey all,

Having only limited experience with this cartridge, I'm looking to purchase a platform That is reliable As my ak. I have Heard mixed reviews on Daniel defense, I haven't heard much on AAC, PWS, or Noveske.

I'm not looking for 300 yard shots, just relentless reliability. Is there any brandy you can recommend to me just based on this Characteristic alone. I want to higher end platform. This will not BSB yard, and it will not be suppressed. Only supersonic if it makes a difference. I'd be interested to know your thoughts

Thanks

Manny the Greek

Feedback Score
    Ak reliability meaning exactly what? I have failures with Ak family of weapons. While I have nothing for experience with 300 blackout chambered carbines what makes you think that a well made 300 blackout m4 style weapons will not be reliable?

Feedback Score
    If you stick with the known brands your odds of finding a dependable rifle go up. I have one .300blk which is a home build and once I found the right bolt it performed like clkck work. Once these snows melt and find more ammo or brass I will really put it through its paces.

Feedback Score
    Point well taken. I too have had issues with less than reliable aka. However, as a general rule they are very reliable. I haven't heard anything about AAC Other then their Line up suppressors but from what I see, their rifle is impressive. I'm just not sure whether to go with them or Daniel defense at this point. Any experiences with either would be appreciated

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a homebuilt AR chambered in 300BLK. I've only put around 100 rounds through it due to the political climate and lack of ammo, but I have not ANY problems with it. It's a very smooth running gun and very reliable from what I've seen to far. But of course, I keep my guns running like a clock, clean them every time I shoot, keep them well lubed, etc.

I have yet to shoot my reloads, but now that I actually have the primers, powder, etc. I plan to have a lot more time behind the trigger once I get the recipe just right.

I would get the AR platform rather than the AK, and as long as you stick with reliable components you have a gun that will run forever... the way things are going, it might be cheaper and quicker to build one though.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 02-11-13 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mannythegreek View Post
    Any experiences with either would be appreciated
    Check your private messages.

Feedback Score
    Reliability is so subjective and is do too many different factors! Have a bad mag a very reliable platform and it becomes a jamomatic! Have bad ammo same thing. Lack of proper lube- again problems. My 300 Blk is very reliable , with factory ammo- zero problems, the only problems I've had have been in load developement and cast bullets- once these issues have been cleared even with cast bullet - 100% function and reliability! Bullet profile will be and is the one thing you must take into account when loading for the 300 Blk. Some profiles just don't feed well. As for reliabilty I'd put my 300 Blk up against any AK variant any time any place.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How about a 300blk AK?

Rsilvers has posted a video of his.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There is no reason that a 300 BLK would be any less reliable than any other AR. We are at the point that several optimized bullet profiles are available which eliminate any feed issues, and supersonic ammo provides enough gas to cycle the action with energy to spare. All of the other components are well-proven AR stuff. My homebuilt rig runs like a champ even with reloaded ammo and non-optimal bullet profiles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast