Thread: IWI TAR-21 Range Report

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

IWI TAR-21 Range Report

I haven't seen many TAR-21 range reports, so I figured I would post this up for folks who are interested.

Bullet: 77gr SMK
    Powder: Varget
    Charge: 23.0gr
    Primer: CCI SRP
    Brass: LC Mixed H/S
    OAL: 2.260

Rifle: IWI TAR-21 FDE 16" BBL Stock Trigger
    Optic: Leupold VXR Patrol Firedot
    Range: 50 yards
    Position: Unsupported from a bench

Weather: Light Rain and Wind ~50 Degrees

Took a few rifles out to switch a couple of scopes around and sight them in, so I did this at the 50 yard range and since it was raining I didn't want to move. There is more accuracy in this rifle, I witnessed better groups than this at the 100 yard range just last weekend but didn't document them.

The rifle had a few failures to lock the bolt back, but not nearly as many as the prior weekend. I'm pretty convinced it is a break-in issue. Otherwise, no other issues. It handles like a dream and the controls, while different than an AR-15, are extremely intuitive and easy to operate. This is a well thought out design.

These groups should be better @ 50 yards so some of this is me as I shot these at the end of a 200 round session.

The rifle

Last edited by HKGuns; 04-03-15 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quality range report and Quality post, HKGuns! Combination of shooter (primarily), ammunition, and scoped rifle for excellent results.

Feedback Score
    Great little accuracy review, thanks so much. Still want a Tavor, eventually.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”