Hey everyone, it's great to be here. I've been lurking for a while and it seems like the community really knows their stuff. Maybe you can help me out with my little dilemma.

I recently decided to purchase the FNX-45 Tactical, one of FN's newest handguns. It has minor improvement over the previous FNP models, and one of the things that really hooked me was the versatility aspect with regards to accessories. It has suppressor threads, a rail for a green laser/light combo, and even an optics rail for co-witnessing with the high-profile night sights. It almost seems like... I don't know... overkill.

My problem, once the gun is in my possession, is going to be not overloading it. With all these opportunities to mount extra gear, I'm going to have to decide what I need and what I don't. I like the idea of shooting suppressed, but I don't want to add a lot of weight upfront. I want rapid target acquisition, but do I really need a laser when I already have irons? And the same principle goes for the red dot: if I already have irons then why would I need another optic? Is it really going to fundamentally quicken my shooting?

I guess my fantasy is to suffocate the FNX with products from Viridian, Silencerco and Trijicon. What I'd like to find out is whether or not that is necessary. What do you all put on your modular handguns, and what do you really need?

Thanks for your help guys, I look forward to becoming part of the community!

P.S. Is shooting +P ammunition out of the Tac a bad idea? Will it run the gun down, or will it be able to handle it since it's military-grade?