Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Competition Optics Ready Equipment (CORE)

Feedback Score

M&P Competition Optics Ready Equipment (CORE)

not sure if this made the rounds today or not yet. new M&P with OEM base for reflex sights.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...W2012Final.pdf

sounds interesting for sure.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I think this is a great idea from s&w, I personally think rmr's/mrds's *could* be the wave of the future.

It's nice to see a factory option.

EDIT
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 11-07-12 at 22:52.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    sounds pretty cool. I will be buying an M&P very soon, but i may wait for this. Good find.

Feedback Score
    MSRP pricing isn't horrible either, considering these pistols essentially sound like they have a factory trigger-job included (Performance Center Sear at ~4.5#):

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...51_757896_-1_Y

Curious how the interchangeable sight base works exactly though, it sounds like it comes with a series of pre-drilled plates with different mounting patterns on them.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Sounds pretty good. I'll wait to see the final outcome.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is stupid. How about they make some 9's that will group and a trigger break(not reset) that isnt so cringe worthy, and then do that for a while to get good guns out and build their rep back up.

Plus, this is NOT a competition model. They might call it that, but no actual open class shooter would want to run a slide mounted optic. How many open guns do you see with normal sights on it?

(waiting on someone to post Julie's "open" MP so I can laugh.)

The PC sear is ok, would be great as a normal trigger. I gave mine to my buddy for his VTAC .

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'll get on the phone with Plaxco tomorrow or Friday to see if they'll be offering individual slides for sale. I know a lot of people that would like to have an extra slide to run an RMR on in addition to a stock slide.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    I like them a lot. Depending how they work out, I will definitely order one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I'll get on the phone with Plaxco tomorrow or Friday to see if they'll be offering individual slides for sale. I know a lot of people that would like to have an extra slide to run an RMR on in addition to a stock slide.
    That would be most interesting. Please report back on this!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    This is stupid. How about they make some 9's that will group and a trigger break(not reset) that isnt so cringe worthy, and then do that for a while to get good guns out and build their rep back up.

Plus, this is NOT a competition model. They might call it that, but no actual open class shooter would want to run a slide mounted optic. How many open guns do you see with normal sights on it?

(waiting on someone to post Julie's "open" MP so I can laugh.)

The PC sear is ok, would be great as a normal trigger. I gave mine to my buddy for his VTAC .
    S&W is playing into the tactidouche market. Ie the guy that has no real understanding of how to press a trigger but absolutely must have serrations on his serrations and optics on his optics. Dawg.

They're going where the market is, not necessarily where the market should go.

In all seriousness, the nomenclature is stupid, you're 100% correct, this is NOT a competition pistol unless the world of competitive shooting sports is about to turn itself upside down and allow these style of pistols to be used in production/limited class. Having said that, there are TONS of other users out there that would like to give the concept a whirl and it certainly DOES have validity. It is not quite there yet but it COULD be the way of the future.

It is also a pretty damned good deal IF the system is well thought out and modular.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast