Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bolt feels tight in the carrier

Feedback Score

Bolt feels tight in the carrier

I know this sounds dumb but I got a new bcg from fulton and the bolt feels really tight in the carrier, it's a little hard to move back and forth. I put it in my ar and it seems to function ok. should I have any concerns or is this just because its new

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not an issue.
    Go shoot your rifle and be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    It's just the new gas rings.
    No issue.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No issue. I just received a new Colt BCG. I had to use quite a bit of force to remove the bolt. Nice to know things are starting out so tight. It'll break in.

Feedback Score
    It's normal. Use plenty of lube and shoot it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The problem is when it feels too Loose, Rayjay.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

not the rings problem

It's the cam pin--I had to polish mine on a DPMS AR-10 to get it to function--not complaining because the owner thought he had a problem and made a good trade in my favor !!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E4for2 View Post
    It's the cam pin--I had to polish mine on a DPMS AR-10 to get it to function--not complaining because the owner thought he had a problem and made a good trade in my favor !!!
    No, it's the gas rings. That is most likely the only dimension that changed when he swapped the bolt,as there is better tension in the new rings.

Same thing happened when I swapped out the piston on my HK416. The previous was loose, the new one was tight.

New on left, old on right. I'm willing to bet that if I measured the dimensions of the pistons, they would be identical. The only thing that changed was the tension of the gas rings.

It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    OP,

Have you lubed it at all?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lube the gas rings well and often when new. They are often very tight when new so it's not a major concern. Also the chrome will have a little (not to the eye) roughness that will wear in.

Do inspect the carrier bore finish, it should not be rough or tool marked. (seeing this more often now)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast