Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I did it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Two things I would get right away:
    Vickers/Tango Down mag release
    Vickers/Tango Down slide stop

These two changes for me make all the difference in the world with my Glock 17s and 19s. If your Gen2 has stock sights I would also change those out to better sights of your choosing ASAP. Other than that, plenty of ammo and mags if you can find them.
    Last edited by Code3Patriot; 01-10-13 at 09:58.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Feedback Score
    Punch out repeatedly over and over until you get used to the grip angle its very unique and turned me off for a long time

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    New sights, in my opinion, are the #1 upgrade i make to all of my Glock's. I have Ameriglo's on all of mine.

My Gen2 17 is the only one of all my Glocks that was finicky with the Vickers Slide Release. So i removed it and got a Gen 2 specific Glock OEM Extended Slide Release.

Feedback Score
    You should contact Glock and give them your serial number and they should be able to tell you whether you need the update parts.
    I purchased a used G23 Second Gen some time ago. Mine had the black trigger bar. My PD Armorer ordered the parts for me and we did the update. I looked in my bag of parts that were replaced and found the black trigger bar with trigger, ejector, extractor, firing pin, firing pin safety with spring, recoil spring and rod, and a little black pin like object (not sure what this is, but might be the spring loaded bearing). In the bag was also what looked like a black plastic connector.
    I am not sure whether all of the parts that are in my bag were replaced for the update.

Feedback Score
    Ask the seller if the springs were recently replaced. If not, replace all of them. That's standard on any used pistol. And as others have said, replace the plastic sights with good metal ones. Everything else is optional. I have Trijicon night sights, the"-" connector, extended mag release, extended slide release and a grip plug in my gun. Stippling, a grip sleeve or grip tape is also a good idea, whichever one suits you best. Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    An excellant choice and you are lucky to find a 2nd Gen.
    As suggested,make sure the springs get changed out for new ones.
    Without sounding like an advertisement,and hopefully without getting in trouble with the Mods,may I suggest a look at the 10-8 Performance sights?
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It's not a kit, just a trigger connector bar. They run under $25 and are really easy to install. And no, the gen 2s didn't have any of the eratic ejection problems.
    Ok, I'll try the stock trigger for a while and look into that. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    If the serial number starts with 2 letters you may have an early model
    that could need the 6 part update. Post the letter prefix of the serial # and I'll look
    up the production date of your gun. Pre Oct 91 guns need this update.
    Didn't know that. I'll post the prefix as soon as I get back home with it.

Quote Originally Posted by austing43801 View Post
    Punch out repeatedly over and over until you get used to the grip angle its very unique and turned me off for a long time
    Good plan. I'll bring out the snap caps and start running plenty of dry drills to get a better feel of it.

Thanks for the recommendations so far fellas. The sights are really the only thing I know I want to replace. Not sure what I will switch to, but I know I don't like the stock Glock sights.

DocH, I plan on ordering a spring kit soon. I do that with every new gun I buy.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    If the serial number starts with 2 letters you may have an early model
    that could need the 6 part update. Post the letter prefix of the serial # and I'll look
    up the production date of your gun. Pre Oct 91 guns need this update.
    The prefix is PSxxx. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything. I'm still looking though. If nothing else ill call glock later

Feedback Score
    A Glock 17, you've made a wise choice for 2013
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Lets hope so, now if I could find some mags haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast