Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Daniel Defense ISR Integrally Suppressed Rifle

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: Daniel Defense ISR Integrally Suppressed Rifle

Yeah, at first, they have just started to produce ammunition.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want one of these bad

Feedback Score
    love the look. i actually had no knowledge of the 300 blackout until this rifle was introduced at shot show. now i have to decide between this ISR or the Recon SR (Suppressor Ready) 14.7" wilson combat... hot stuff!
    "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do." -Christ Jesus, Luke 12

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense ISR Integrally Suppressed Rifle

I still have cash sitting aside for this. I may only use it as a display piece but it looks sexy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Integral simply means the suppressor is permanently affixed to the barrel. That makes it a one stamp affair instead of two. Many integrally suppressed guns gave bleed ports drilled into the barrel to keep the bullet subsonic. That wouldn't be necessary on a 300BLK. The supersonic rounds would still be supersonic and the subs don't require bleed off.
    An MP5SD, or a Sterling L34A1 is integral; the barrel is made only to work with the suppressor attached. It would be unwise, or even dangerous, to fire the weapon without the suppressor, which is removable simply by unscrewing it (in the case of the MP5SD, anyway).

This is a barrel with a suppressor welded on the end of it.

Feedback Score
    I had got to put some range time on a select fire ISR this week. Lots of fun! I did feel bad about how much 300BLK ammo we blew through, though

Here is some video:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bringing this back, So DD has a Gen2 version of the ISR anyone shooting it as a dedicated platform? Or the Tactical Solutions version where you can use your own Suppressor? TSAR-300

What would be the cost of replacing the DDISR barrel if you shoot it out?
    Last edited by krm375; 06-13-16 at 07:27. Reason: added TSAR

Feedback Score
    I've was interested in this rifle when it came out but numerous reports of poor suppression with the gen 1 were discouraging. DD is claiming improved performance with the gen 2 version so maybe things are looking up.

A couple things I picked up in my research of the gen 2: The baffle stack is a monocore design and is removable for cleaning. The outer tube is permanently attached to the gas block which gives you the 16 in. OAL. It also sounds like the monocore is backwards compatible with the gen 1 and if you contact DD you may be able to obtain a gen 2 monocore to update your gen 1 rifle.

Pure speculation on my part but I think the gas block has male threads, the outer tube has a female threaded section with 4 equidistant holes drilled through the threads allowing DD to spot weld the tube to the block. This would allow for removal of the tube by drilling out the spot welds if you needed to totally disassemble the upper. I would also assume the tube is the serial numbered part. See page 41 of the DD 2016 Instructions/Safety/Maintenance Manual.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456