Thread: Play in Glock barrel

Feedback Score

Play in Glock barrel

Hi, I was wondering if your Glocks had any forward/rearward play in the barrel lockup.
    I have noticed a little accuracy problem with it and upon comparison with my P226, the P226 barrel locks up tight and has no play at all, mind you this is a 1995 W-German Sig and has seen a crapload of rounds. The glock has rearward play as well as side to side, not much but enough to make the POI different than POA.

Thanks.

Edit, forgot to mention, this is a Gen3 model 17 from january 2012.
    Last edited by Artiz; 01-12-13 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    Is this with or without the guiderod & recoil spring installed? Neither of my Gen 3 (2000 G22 or 2012 G34) has any perceptible rear play. Still see light around the sides like your pic but they don't seem to move to any noticeable amount. If it locks up tight with the guide rod and spring in place and POA and POI are the same, I say don't worry about it.

Feedback Score
    I don't think you have an issue. As Confed said, try with the recoil spring assembly installed. Has does it shoot?

Feedback Score
    Like I said, POI isn't corresponding with POA, at 15 yards anyway with 124gr AE. It doesn't move with the recoil spring installed but there is a gap between the 90° angle in front of the barrel hood and the slide. POI has shifted enough times to make me question my abilities to land a shot...

Maybe I'm just expecting too much from a Glock, that is ejecting brass in my face.

Feedback Score
    I must say by looking at mine I have to try and see some light through those gaps.I do have very slight play front to rear (no guide rod assy) though. To me it appears like your gaps are slightly larger especially side to side. I struggle to see light through mine on the latter.
    Test fire date on my gen 4 17 is 8/20/10. Accuracy is fine. Hope this helps.