Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality complete lowers

Feedback Score

Question Quality complete lowers

What would be a quality complete lower for...a Daniel Defense .300 ACC Blackout upper?
    How are the Smith & Wesson lowers, any reason not to use one with the above mentioned upper? they were "in stock for about 10 minutes Wed.?

Are they on par, quality wise with LMT & CMT?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Honestly a lower is a lower...as long as its made by a known manufacture...it does not matter....

My choice would be BCM/Larue/Noveske
    Last edited by thehun; 02-22-13 at 19:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are good to go.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Honestly a lower is a lower...as long as its made by a known manufacture...it does not matter....

My choice would be BCM/Larue/Noveske
    Not my experience with lower quality manufacturers. For example I once (yeah I one time didn't see the light) had a DPMS lower that just would not consistently lock the bolt to rear on last round.

Switched it out on a Bravo lower with the same upper and voila! Problem solved.

Now I am not saying this is the case every single time but it's worth the peace of mind to just start with good stuff.

My personal bottom end for a lower is a Smith.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 02-22-13 at 19:36.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Basically there's no real difference between lowers besides the logo on the side.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Top Tier

I would go with a top tier mfg like Colt, LMT, Noveske, LaRue or Knights Armament. There are a few other smaller mfg's like Mega that are good. With the current shortage, if I were in the market for a lower, I would buy whatever I came across first. Heck, I even picked up a stripped DPMS lower. In a pinch, it'll work.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    S&W lowers are made by CMT who makes lowers for a lot of different companies. Its a quality lower.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by BiggLee71 View Post
    I would go with a top tier mfg like Colt, LMT, Noveske, LaRue or Knights Armament. There are a few other smaller mfg's like Mega that are good. With the current shortage, if I were in the market for a lower, I would buy whatever I came across first. Heck, I even picked up a stripped DPMS lower. In a pinch, it'll work.
    Good info all...thanks, however, unless I missed it...when I go on these companies sites (except LMT)...
    ...I cannot find complete lowers...which is what I want. I'm too new to this to try and build my own lower form all the tiny parts...may try as I get more familiar with AR's M4's , but not now. Just want to make a complete rifle out of the DD upper I bought along with the 5.56 DDM4 V1 I picked up at the start of the "madness" sweeping this Obamanation of an administration we have.
    Does mfg. like Colt, Noveske, LaRue or Knights Armament sell complete lowers?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Re: Quality complete lowers

Quote Originally Posted by TheAxeShooter View Post
    Basically there's no real difference between lowers besides the logo on the side.
    Yes and no.

There were quite a few that pop up now and then with spotty QC issues (tight magwells, tight pin holes, etc). All products are susceptible to having a problem slip through, some more than others.

Also, there are some lowers that offer features not found elsewhere (which might be good or bad, depending on perspective).

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score

Re: Quality complete lowers

For what its worth...putting a lower together is not a hard task. If you can hammer a nail and have patience you will do fine. The problem right now is parts availability.

As for your question about selling complete lowers. yes they do...quickly. Everything sells out fast.

Set up some stock notifications with retailers and keep your email handy on your phone.

One of my go to sites had LMT 2000 lowers in stock today....for 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Litpipe; 02-22-13 at 20:14.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast