Thread: Opinion on Remington 700 ADL .270?

Feedback Score

Question Opinion on Remington 700 ADL .270?

I've been eyeing this for quite some time now (this and the Savage Axis in .270) for a scout style rifle / possible hunting rifle. Of course I know the scope isn't the best but it will suffice until I get better.

There's so many options for the 700 on their website it's insane. This is my first bolt-action I will ever own and probably my only. I don't need "THE BEST OF THE BEST", and I'm fine with that. I just want to be sure I'm not going to be severely disappointed when I could of spent a few extra bucks and been happy with another model.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I picked up one in .308 a couple years ago for a song and dance basically. It was 20 years old, looked like it had never seen the woods, and included a 2-9 Leupold and a harris bi-pod already installed. Paid <$500 out the door.

Took it out to the range to see how it shot. Set up @ 100, put 3 rounds through a spot the size of a nickel and decided I didn't need to fiddle with the scope

It's a fine shooting rifle and I can't imagine one in .270 is much different. The only thing I'd say is if you want a Rem 700, look around for a used one. There are a ton out there in really good shape at a decent discount over new.

The things are not what I think anybody would call a tactical bolt action, but if you want something to take game with, they're hard to beat.
    Last edited by nova3930; 01-14-13 at 14:35.

Feedback Score
    .270 is a great round. Never lost a deer shot with it. Mine is a Ruger, but the .270 will make you happy.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” -- Thomas Jefferson