Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: 2013 SHOT Show Threads

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I agree for the most part. The MK1 should have retained most of it's original design as the "bombproof" model and the MK4 serves as the lightweight model. The MK2 has a place in the lineup as a lower cost alternative but I don't see the need for the MK3 at all. It's basically a MK2 with a slight radius on the sides of the rail. I feel like it's taking up production capacity that could be used to make more MK1 and MK4 rails instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ejskle View Post
    I have to admit that I don't get it either. I'd get either an MKI or an MKIV (when the Keymod comes out). I don't see the need for the two in between. If you're getting a Geissele, you clearly want top-quality gear. I don't see the appeal of saving a few bucks.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Any info on that stock in pics 11&12?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whitjct View Post
    Any info on that stock in pics 11&12?
    That's the folding stock that Colt developed for that particular gun, which they are calling the Colt SCW or Sub Compact Weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    any word if they're going to make the KIRSS V in 9mm/40sw/10mm?
    Thanks for the pics!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Well notice the new rail on the SR-47...

SR-47 was on the burner prior to Ban Talk - however right now the most efforts are going into making SR-15's and SR-25's
    Kevin pls.

I would give my left nut for an sr47.

Just make sure the magwell is reinforced with steel. I don't think the end user will mind the weight so much as long as they are not restricted by the types and materials of mags they can use.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know how much lighter the URX 4 is compared to the 3.1? I am planning on buying the 3.1 but I dont relaly like the keymod look on the 4

Feedback Score
    A bare 3.1 rail is pretty light, I doubt a URX 4 could be much lighter. You probably couldn't notice the weight difference on a complete gun. Also, a lot of keymod hardware from most manufacturers is still vaporware. I like the 3.1, but run what you like.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikele View Post
    Is brighter always better though? What about glare? Reflection off walls?
    I know this is sort of an older post but still applicable.

Anyways, there is no issue of glare or reflection off walls. Honestly in pitch black, 500, 850, and even 1,000 lumens is not bad at all reflection wise. IMO unless your shining the light in a mirror while looking at yourself, the whole glare, or pitch black to lit up ordeal is just an argument that people who either dont have a high lumen light or are still trying to back up how good their low lumen light make.

IMO anything 200 lumens and up for indoors is fine, but 200 lumens still suffers pretty bad outside for anything outside of say pistol range. So on a carbine, rifle, or slug gun, having those extra lumens is handy, especially if search/rescue etc is ever needed.

Surefire is just now catching back up compared to the other companies who jumped on the bright as hell bandwagon early on. Kudos to surefire with the new p3x 1,000 jumen. I'm sure you will start to see some modified ones on 308ar's and longer range guns.
    Last edited by discreet; 10-26-13 at 15:55.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The pistol is very interesting.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    Very Nice Quality pictures! Gotta Love Colt.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast