Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger test - Which trigger is "best" for you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Septic have John or Jason mail you a AR10 srping for the AR15 Timney you were having trouble with on the hard primers. I just installed one im mine and will be testing it out tomotrrow. What type of 5.56 were you having problems with? Im taking some Privy out and im trying to see what else I can dig up without upsetting my ammo balances.
    i don't remember which it was. it was either prvi or israeli stuff...

i'm interested in what you find with the spring change. i'll do the same and we can compare notes. it that makes a significant difference it would be worth it. it'll change trigger pull a bit, due to higher drag across other sear break surface, but very damn little.

if you have a trigger pull gage, you might use it before and after to measure the delta weight change. i'll do the same.

great suggestion!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoric View Post
    What did they charge you for the extra hammer spring?
    Nothing because im a nice guy and a snappy dresser plus a Timney dealer. They would probably give you the same discount if you were having troubles.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Interesting thread
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by septic-tank13 View Post
    i don't remember which it was. it was either prvi or israeli stuff...

i'm interested in what you find with the spring change. i'll do the same and we can compare notes. it that makes a significant difference it would be worth it. it'll change trigger pull a bit, due to higher drag across other sear break surface, but very damn little.

if you have a trigger pull gage, you might use it before and after to measure the delta weight change. i'll do the same.

great suggestion!

Well it was a good day at the range with no light strikes and being able to laugh at the range commandos decked out in ACU that dont know how to sight in a rifle but are SF Qualified
    I shot with no problems with the AR10 spring
    Privy M193
    Win Q3131
    BVAC(thw bastard off spring of HSM) 75gr 5.56

If anyone has a few misc rounds of off ball 5.56 that I can buy off of you let me know to test.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    blank

Feedback Score
    Will their AR10 trigger fit correctly in a standard AR15 lower? Or is it different dimensions?
    They will fit and function fine.

Feedback Score
    blank

Feedback Score
    I installed my Timney AR15 3 pound trigger last night. Install took only a couple of minutes. The fit and function is excellent in my (stripped) Bushmaster lower. The trigger pull is crisp and consistent, and pretty light. I'm still considering going to a heavier trigger pull, with either the 4# or 4 1/2 lbs AR15 model, or the AR10 model, but I want to shoot this first to see how it is. This rifle isn't quite ready to go shoot yet, but within the next few weeks I plan on testing the trigger reliability using various types of ammo that I would typically encounter, including Prvi Partisan, American Eagle, etc. I also have a few thousand rounds of Georgia Arms "canned heat" left over from several years ago, both in SS109 and M193.

Not to beat a dead horse, but did anyone else here besides septic-tank13 and Shihan have issues with Prvi or other surplus / military ammo, using the stock Timney trigger? I'm just interested in how common this problem is... Timney seems to partially admit that the trigger was not designed to fire military ammo, but they also say it "should" work. Either way I'll probably end up with putting in the AR10 hammer spring for peace of mind, but I first want to do some more testing and perhaps add to the sample of evidence...

My stock Timney fired Privy without issue.

Feedback Score
    After some more range time yesterday I encountered no problems with Radway Green witht he new AR10 spring on my Timney AR15 trigger.

So after using
    Radway Green
    Privy M193
    Win Q3131
    BVAC(thw bastard off spring of HSM) 75gr 5.56

Im pretty confident that the AR10 soring fixed any issues. BTW the AR10 spring is 20% stronger than the ar15 Timney spring. I would still like to run some Lake City through it if I can find a spare box? As I dont want to open sealed cans and some South African.

Feedback Score
    blank

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast