Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: CIVL, (civilian legal ATPIAL/PEQ) Pics/info

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I don't know how they're able to sell it with an IR illuminator that's IIIR, but I don't care. Full factory warranty AND a reasonably sized unit with an illuminator...I want one.
    Has anyone confirmed this is true?

Just checked the specs again, sadly the IR laser is only .7mw class 1, the IR illuminator is class III 3 mw
    Last edited by TMS951; 09-04-14 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Has anyone confirmed this is true?

Just checked the specs again, sadly the IR laser is only .7mw class 1, the IR illuminator is class III 3 mw
    Once again, I'm not sure if my posts are just THAT poorly worded, but I know the laser is Class 1 and I personally think that's fine. I'm commenting on how the illuminator is IIIR and unregulated.

The illuminator is what has me all hot and bothered. Being IIIR and unregulated has me confused, and although I'm sure it's 0m since it's available for public purchase, I'd like to know the NOHD for the illuminator on this thing.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Once again, I'm not sure if my posts are just THAT poorly worded, but I know the laser is Class 1 and I personally think that's fine. I'm commenting on how the illuminator is IIIR and unregulated.

The illuminator is what has me all hot and bothered. Being IIIR and unregulated has me confused, and although I'm sure it's 0m since it's available for public purchase, I'd like to know the NOHD for the illuminator on this thing.
    It's because the illuminator is "staked" at a particular focus and cannot be adjusted. TNVC talks about this on POS...oops, Freudian slip...TOS.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilkin View Post
    It's because the illuminator is "staked" at a particular focus and cannot be adjusted. TNVC talks about this on POS...oops, Freudian slip...TOS.
    Ahhh. I'm not a smart man, but I'm sure that keeps the NOHD at 0m somehow. I'd kinda like to see how the focus is set in person just to get an idea on its capabilities, but the pics look promising. It almost looks to have the same spill as mine is currently focused.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Ahhh. I'm not a smart man, but I'm sure that keeps the NOHD at 0m somehow. I'd kinda like to see how the focus is set in person just to get an idea on its capabilities, but the pics look promising. It almost looks to have the same spill as mine is currently focused.
    The following pic is straight from TNVC and shows the illuminator at various distances (you can see more pics on their site: http://tnvc.com/shop/l3-insight-atpi...ass1-ir-laser/)

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    That's why I want to see it in person. I won't pass judgment until I can do a side by side comparison with my issued PEQ to see how the illuminator functions. It looks like it has a generous amount of spill, but a picture only tells a small part of the story.

I'll have my hands on it this December if it ships as scheduled. I'll be on leave, so it'll probably be January or February before I sit down and do any serious posts about these new ATPIAL-Cs. But I am very excited and will do my best to put a post together with my opinion about it as soon as possible.

Feedback Score
    Agreed. The pics look very promising, but the illuminator performance I'll have to see first-hand. Having used the issue PEQ-15 in afg, I found the ability to adjust the diameter of the illuminator to be key (granted - just my opinion). I'll be curious to see if it's in a 'sweet spot'.

Feedback Score
    it should function just like your issued PEQ at that focus setting. that means it will have the advantage of battery life vs the 300-600mW LEDs but be worse than useless for long range work.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910