Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CIVL, (civilian legal ATPIAL/PEQ) Pics/info

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am saying they should offer both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
    Could do without the MRDS on top, but looks very interesting.
    Its obviously not coming that way for 5 bills.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Its obviously not coming that way for 5 bills.
    I wasn't expecting it to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doriwoogie View Post
    Also, did you by any chance ask them if they were coming out with one that has an illuminator?
    It was not possible to drop an illuminator in and keep the same size.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    It was not possible to drop an illuminator in and keep the same size.
    Which begs the question, why not use the same housing as the ATPIAL, just substitute the class 1 laser? Seems easier and cheaper than redesigning a new housing. My guess is they ditched the illuminator to keep the price down, but I wish they kept it as an option for those willing to pay for it.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    They ditched the illuminator because it is a class iii just like the standard laser on the peq.
    Last edited by nml; 01-20-13 at 01:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    They ditched the illuminator because it is a class iii just like the standard laser on the peq.
    Ok, I didn't realize there was such a thing as a class III illuminator.

Feedback Score
    From what I can tell, a laser illuminator is a no-go for class I, but an LED illuminator is doable.

Regardless of all that, there are already class I laser/illuminators in the market...for $$$$. What I'm excited about is that this seems to be a military quality device, for not a lot of money (on the relative scale). The optic parking on the top is just a bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    From what I can tell, a laser illuminator is a no-go for class I, but an LED illuminator is doable.

Regardless of all that, there are already class I laser/illuminators in the market...for $$$$. What I'm excited about is that this seems to be a military quality device, for not a lot of money (on the relative scale). The optic parking on the top is just a bonus.
    It is doable with a LED type illuminator but keeping the unit at the present size would have been virtually impossible. But the real reason no illuminator is this unit was actually built for a Mil contract and specs called out specially in what we see here.

To the rest, the units will be offered in black AND tan colors. We will be stocking these as soon as they are out. Final pricing will be announced shortly.

Vic
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast