Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can a 22LR conversion cause damage to an 223 AR?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)

I love my CORE15 dedicated .22 upper

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    i built this one from scratch and its the way id recommend! cmmg makes a very good running .22 upper assembly in a 16" (keep in mind barrel goes into the reciever much further so it equals the lenght of a 14.5" carbine)

i wanted their setup in a 6.5" barrel to "hide" most of the suppressor in a 9" rail. since they don't offer a complete 6.5" i had to order everything seperately:
    cmmg 6.5" .22 barrel
    cmmg upper receiver
    cmmg stainless bolt kit

rail of choice (i like the NSR!) and tuhdaaah!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    i built this one from scratch and its the way id recommend! cmmg makes a very good running .22 upper assembly in a 16" (keep in mind barrel goes into the reciever much further so it equals the lenght of a 14.5" carbine)

i wanted their setup in a 6.5" barrel to "hide" most of the suppressor in a 9" rail. since they don't offer a complete 6.5" i had to order everything seperately:
    cmmg 6.5" .22 barrel
    cmmg upper receiver
    cmmg stainless bolt kit

Good God man, your .22LR probably costs about as much as my most expensive 5.56 AR. Eotech, NSR, Noveske lower, Geissele trigger and BAD-ASS?! That has to be the nicest .22 AR that I've seen. Nice job.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Haha it's just the upper! That lower is my sbr lower! (Currently mk18 but waiting on a noveske 300blk upper)

And it's a knockoff eotech
    Last edited by mikeith; 04-03-13 at 16:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont normally like long rails. But me likey the suppressor stuck back in there. Thats nice..Has a clean look.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That's only a 9" rail lol same as most carbine setups!

Feedback Score
    2 different .22 Conversion kits, A Ciener and a M261 used on 3 different AR's, SP1 Colt, 2 Bushmaster Carbines.

Both kits worked well with any HV ammo including Bulk Packs of Rem. GB, Fed. Bulk and Winchester SX.

No problems at all except for having to re-zero between 5.56 and the .22's.

At 25 Meters, the .22's shoot about the same in elevation but about 1 1/2- 2 inches right with either kit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post

cmmg 6.5" .22 barrel
    cmmg upper receiver
    cmmg stainless bolt kit

Very nice!

Feedback Score
    How is a .22lr going to clog a gas key in your bolt carrier? The conversion doesn't use the same carrier or bolt.

I've got a friend who's plugged his gas port, but that could've been mitigated with regular use of full power ammo as was mentioned.
    Owner of Simple Threaded Devices
    Visit our Facebook page

Feedback Score
    no it will not

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast