Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prices and Availably of Guns and Ammo may jump Sharply!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Prices and Availably of Guns and Ammo may jump Sharply!

During the second debate President Obama stated he will bring some type of AWB back into play during his second term.

Governor Romney was very weak with his response on gun control and when pressed if he would agree with another AWB he bailed on the closing question by the moderator who was pressed on time to move on.

My feelings are Obama will attempt to limited the availability of firearms and ammunition with executive orders or new regulations.

Romney if elected may try something similar with some type of AWB if he were to sneak into a 2nd term him self.

So now that its out and on the record do you think it may be enough to trigger another panic buying spree driving up prices and wiping out inventory.

For new prepper's this is bad news if they don't pull the trigger on needed items such as firearms and ammunition in the short future if this new on the record AWB information from both potential presidents holds true.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First off let me say that I think their is already panic buying going on. With stripped Spike's lowers being listed at $175, a Noveski lower listed for $400, and people trying to sell M855 at a dollar a round to those scared and think the end is near, there is plenty of panic to go around. Two during the election I do expect to see more panic buying regardless of who wins, so that is not going to be a surprise, while I don't have everything I want, I have enough to feel safe at least for the moment.

As far as another AWB.... I don't really know what to think honestly, I have heard so much doom and gloom over the past four years that I don't know who or what to believe in that regard. In some ways things have gotten better, in other regards they have not. I do think that whoever gets elected that if they focus on guns and ammo and not the economy and bringing more careers back to the nation then banning guns may not save them anyway.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think it's wonderful Obama shot off his mouth. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake!

That sound you heard was hundreds of thousands of Gun Onwners giving a donation to Mitt Romney tonight!
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 10-16-12 at 22:17.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    AGREED
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    I think it's wonderful Obama shot off his mouth. Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake!

That sound you heard was hundreds of thousands of Gun Onwners giving a donation to Mitt Romney tonight!
    Couldn't agree more.
    OIF/OEF vet (Ramadi/Hit & Ghazni)
    Former Army infantry squad leader
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    NR-EMT

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think both are douche bags who are not on our side to be honest. Seeing this makes me glad I bought a lot of gear a year ago, I had a feeling it would be 4th quarter 2008 all over again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm sure Romney has the election as good as won, save your money for the fire sale after the election.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Grant started a thread a little over a year ago now on this very subject. Even then dealers such as himself saw how hard it was to get and keep certain items in stock; lowers, BCGs, LPKs, etc.

The ammo shortage we saw last time around will be back, hopefully not as bad as the industry took notice and is pumping out more ammo than ever before.

Things I noticed here of late:

Hornady 7.62x39 SST has dried up completely. Every online vendor is OUT and so is all my local shops. I'm glad I met my goals before it was all bought up!

7.62x51 NATO is getting harder to come by as well. I'm talking about the plain Jane 147 gr. stuff mind you.

9mm fmj "cheap" ammo is harder to come by more and more locally. Online is hit and miss.

It took me quit awhile to locate DD LPKs. Aim finally got some in and picked up a few from them. CTD had about ten of them in stock in their CTD Guns! store this week.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Gun politics are losing politics for the dems. You won't see awb. Even after the Aurora massacre Obama did nothing. He will continue to do nothing. The answer last night in the debate was just rambling and poorly thought out because he has paid little thought to guns. Even Romney (who has been for awb in the past) couldn't sputter out a coherent position. I can't wait till after the election (regardless who wins) so prices go back to normal.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGut View Post
    Gun politics are losing politics for the dems. You won't see awb. Even after the Aurora massacre Obama did nothing. He will continue to do nothing. The answer last night in the debate was just rambling and poorly thought out because he has paid little thought to guns. Even Romney (who has been for awb in the past) couldn't sputter out a coherent position. I can't wait till after the election (regardless who wins) so prices go back to normal.
    I don't agree as Obama didn't care about shoving Obama Care down the country's throat then pushing and signing other regulations which hurt small business and the natural fuel industry (Natural gas, Oil and Coal).

Obama has his own agenda of how America should be and as he stated to a Russian leader which was caught on a open mike was "This is my last election, Then I will have more flexibility".

I have to wonder how Obama will use that "Flexibility" to push his agenda during his second term if he gets one.

This can be a real problem for gun owners and prepper's who get caught sleeping instead of buying before the hammer drops.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast