Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would an Airsoft rail be ok on a .22 upper?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

would an Airsoft rail be ok on a .22 upper?

i just got everything for my .22 upper and want to build it as close as possible to my mk18 upper? does anyone know if one of the airsoft RISii rails would be ok on that upper?

Feedback Score

would an Airsoft rail be ok on a .22 upper?

Probably not...how does it mount up? What level of quality is acceptable. Airsoft gear belongs on airsoft gear.

Feedback Score
    Believe it or not, many of the airsoft manufacturers sell to the firearms market. Does this make it acceptable for firearms use? Who knows?!?
    Its hard to say without seeing it...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    There are several different "specs" for the upper reciever threads on airsoft AR-15s.

IIRC think the standard barrel nut type for "AEG"s won't work for you.

I think the ones made for "GBBR"s will likely fit, but it may vary by manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    They do it deceptively as I know of no company that would knowingly use airsoft parts on a real firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by YZINGERR View Post
    Believe it or not, many of the airsoft manufacturers sell to the firearms market. Does this make it acceptable for firearms use? Who knows?!?
    Its hard to say without seeing it...

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Its a lite rail as I saw the FDE and just got it thinking only the Mk18 rail was in FDE... same mounting. Don't waste money on the airsoft wrench, just get the DD wrench or a set of channel locks.

I've used this for a couple years now.
    Last edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5; 01-29-13 at 12:00.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you need to go cheap and it's only a .22 LR upper, look into Leapers/UTG - not the greatest quality and heavy but extremely solid for the price. I've been forced to use a few of their parts in the past when I couldn't find a suitable alternative by a more reputable company, but I eventually ended selling them all off once someone did come out with a higher-quality solution.

Feedback Score
    Airsoft is for airsoft.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Dont listen to the majority of the trolls here. There is a company called Madbull producing high-quality replica LICENSED handguards from Daniel Defense, Noveske, Samson, and others. These are made out of aircraft grade 6061 aluminum and mount up to your reciever with no modification except replacing the barrel nut with a real spec steel one (for obvious reasons). Ive compared many of their products to their real counter parts, and besides being made in japan cannot find many differences.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sochmo View Post
    Dont listen to the majority of the trolls here. There is a company called Madbull producing high-quality replica LICENSED handguards from Daniel Defense, Noveske, Samson, and others. These are made out of aircraft grade 6061 aluminum and mount up to your reciever with no modification except replacing the barrel nut with a real spec steel one (for obvious reasons). Ive compared many of their products to their real counter parts, and besides being made in japan cannot find many differences.
    That's still an airsoft company and I wouldn't put airsoft components even on a .22 - call me old fashioned. That stuff was tested using airsoft equipment. The pressure of a .22LR cartridge is a bit higher, I'd say, or we'd be hearing about airsoft suicide/homicides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast