Thread: Quality rifle kits from where?

Feedback Score

Quality rifle kits from where?

Don't mean to double post this but I got no real response in the technical forums...I just got 2 DMPS stripped lower receivers ,I looked for LMT but they had the DPMS on hand for a good price and I would have had to wait months for other lowers.. What are some good sites for reputable rifle kits of good quality? I have looked at model 1 and sent them an email about compatability with DPMS and they said it was low on the list... What about quality and fit of J&T Distributing? or m-aparts.com (they says they use LMT parts) the guys at ar15.com said go with Del Ton. This is going to be my 1st build project so I'm taking my time to do research. I'm not LE or anything just like to go to the range and shoot out to 600 yards with my savage 10fp and I want to build a nice AR varmint setup to shoot as well. Should I just stick to all DPMS parts for compatability? I see most people use many different parts from many brands so what's a good combo for a varmint build ? I'm looking to do a 24" SS BB. The other build I want to use for a piston upper if they ever get a little cheaper in the next year. I guess any recommendations for sites with quality kits would get me started and any feedback about the parts you recommend , thanks! I did search and found some good info but looking for hands on details from folks here. Thanks!

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

I guess for plinking, or varmint hunting,

D.P.M.S., Doesn't Pass Military Spec, might work. Personally, I would not use any of their parts and stick to either Colt, or ...Colt. My .02 cents.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Kit's? We're not talking about AK's here. Best to spend money on quality.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Kits tend to be sucky, so I would generally advise that you pass.

It appears that you are looking for a varmint weapon. I would first tell you to pass on anything with a bull barrel and anything that is over 20" in length.

I do not know what your budget is, but for entry level varmint, a DPMS, RRA or BM would be just fine and any of them will work with your DPMS lower.

If you are considering a defensive weapon, I would stick with LMT, Noveske and ADS for uppers.

C4