Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any tricks to keep lint from sticking so much to pocket pistol?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've noticed a massive reduction in lint from using a galco leather pocket holster. I noticed an even further reduction once I switched to froglube.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A certain g19's front sight is always covered in lint after a couple weeks of IWB carry with a Raven Phantom, i just blow it off, re-holster, and keep truckin.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blockagent View Post
    I carry a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster in my right front pocket. Problem is, even after just 1 day in my pocket, the gun is covered in lint. Inside the barrel and inside every crevice I can see into, there is a significant layer of lint built up.
    Such a significant buildup of lint in only one day is odd. I pocket-carry a J-frame all day, every day (12+ hours on average) and only occasionally need to blow a small amount of lint off of the gun. A can of compressed air does the trick for me.

Is your daily work environment dirty/dusty? What pocket holster do you use? Do you use any surface lubricant on your pistol?

I ask about the pocket holster because I've noticed less lint build-up since I switched from a Mika to an Aholster kydex holster.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also pocket carry a lcp. Be sure to clean out the dryer's lint catch before running them in the dryer and also use snuggle dryer sheets.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've carried a S&W J-frame in a DeSantis Super Fly® pocket holster for years and never had a problem with excessive lint. Maybe the material or construction of the holster has some bearing on this.
    “We didn't love freedom enough. And even more - we had no awareness of the real situation... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    Such a significant buildup of lint in only one day is odd. I pocket-carry a J-frame all day, every day (12+ hours on average) and only occasionally need to blow a small amount of lint off of the gun. A can of compressed air does the trick for me.

Is your daily work environment dirty/dusty? What pocket holster do you use? Do you use any surface lubricant on your pistol?

I ask about the pocket holster because I've noticed less lint build-up since I switched from a Mika to an Aholster kydex holster.
    I don't use any surface lubricant on the outside of the gun. My work environment is an office building, so no dust/dirt. I use a Tucker Gun Leather pocket holster. It is similar to this one: http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server14...87.220.220.gif

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I was getting crud built up in the barrel of my Glock so I cleaned it off and sprayed it with a dry film lube.

Feedback Score
    A decent Kydex pocket holster should eliminate this. Not a big problem
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just use an air duster and blow the dust off occasionally. I also disassemble it and clean it regularly.

But I do like the suggestions of flipping my pockets inside out to get the lint out.

My LCP is my lazy day gun. It's my running out the door, I need something kind of gun. Primary is a Glock 23.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I use Dupont dry lube on my Seecamp and have no lint problems. I don't carry in a holster. I wouldn't use it on a gun I shot a lot but does fine for 6 shots. GH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast