Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Leupold MK6 vs. Vortex Razor HD 2 1-6

Feedback Score
    Damn, I was this close to buying mk1-6x.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maize View Post
    Damn, I was this close to buying mk1-6x.
    If you can sit on the sidelines, the availability of the VCOG might shake loose a few more used Mk6's in really good condition. I got mine used at the height of the 'is the illumination/head position a defect' controversy; now that there are multiple competitive offerings the used market will be a buyer's one.
    For the use on the carbine I've mounted it to, the illumination drawbacks of the Mk6 are minimal (again, aftermarket mount is a huge part of that), in most cases it's much ado about something low powered variables aren't great at in the first place - it's not an aimpoint, and neither is anything else in this market segment.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 08-01-14 at 18:38.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I was spooked by so much talk about the illumination issue with the Mk 6, but I risked it anyway. Now that I have one, what I find looking through it while moving my head around is that the illumination doesn't start to fade until my eye is already leaving the eye box. In other words, the illumination problem is not a problem until your view is so occluded that you wouldn't want to pull the trigger anyway. So, what's the fuss? Exactly. Simmer down.

Feedback Score
    I have the MK6 and like it quite a bit. The illumination issue is not too big a deal because of the reason Vorpalis stated. I would suggest you give it a try if you find a sweet deal on one.

Feedback Score
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but here goes.

I am interested in shooting 3 gun and have started to gather all the needed equipment. I currently have a primary arms 1-6 ACSS that I use for fun-gunning right now but was thinking about getting the razor HD1-6. My question is, without any ability to range with the 1-6 how does one know what distance the target is and therefore what hashmark to use? (for people who use the JM-1 reticle) Would the mil/mil reticle be a better buy for an a general purpose scope?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At most 3G matches you have the opportunity to walk the stages. Someone usually has a rangefinder so you will have an opportunity to get the range and figure your holds. If you know your muzzle velocity and your ballistic coefficient you can run your data through a ballistic computer. I use Strelok Pro on my iPhone. It also has most reticles so you can actually plug in your range and "see" your hold.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I received my Vortex Razor HD II in the mail on the last week of December, got it mounted and finally got to hit the range yesterday. Glass was good and clear and got it zeroed without a problem. Weight in my opinion was negligible even with a 16" stainless steel barreled AR-15.

Illumination and dot size works for me. Although it's around .5 MOA in size I didn't feel like it was too small. If you need a larger dot crank it up like a 2 MOA aimpoint but I do wish the mil reticle had .5 mil divisions instead of 1 mils.

Eye relief is LONGGGGG. I have it mounted in a ADM recon mount and run the stock 1 slot in from all the way extended. Users who run the stock in further will need an extended eye relief mount.

I need to do some close up shooting with it to make a sound judgement about it but so far I like it.

Feedback Score
    is that the 17?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoe View Post

no experience with the leupy and i know a few people are very happy with them but i am REALLY impressed with this vortex so far. have about 5k rounds through it and its been perfect.
    is that the 17?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456