Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on My Fitness Pal?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone on My Fitness Pal?

I know this is cheesy, but my wife wants me to make friends on there. So I thought I'd look on here. Add me if you want: I_drink_diesel

Feedback Score
    I haven't used it in a while. I've actually been thinking of getting back to using it again. Message me your email & I'll figure out how to "add a friend"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah DH and I use MFP daily. Very helpful app for watching food intake.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yeah it sure keeps me mindful on what I eat.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, my wife got me on it. She's lost 12 pounds, and while I am not overweight, it has allowed me to maintain my weight and also motivates me to work out to "buy" calories so I can eat some of my favorite "guy" foods without too much guilt.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use MyFitnessPal and the Livestrong app at the same time. I find both help me log the correct calories/gram. I will investigate all foods I eat on both apps and online to verify everything. Once you get a routine it is much easier to track and log.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I suppose it's a good program if you're watching calories and simply trying to lose weight. I ditched it after one day, as I don't care for the format. It provides a suggested number of calories broken down by carbs, fat and protein. When I calculated my suggested intake, it was 55% carbs, 30% fat and 15% protein. I couldn't find a way to change the amounts and I want to easily determine what percentage of my diet is carbs/fat/protein. I certainly don't want to calculate it each day and I didn't like their suggested macronutrients for my body style and amount of exercise. Perhaps I was using the program incorrectly.

I use Fitday as it provides a suggested number of calories, but doesn't break them down. It also provides a pie chart showing amounts of carbs, fat and protein consumed that day. I think Fitday is superior if you're targeting specific macronutrient levels.

Both are good programs, as they keep you thinking about what you're eating. I prefer Fitday, as it's easier to see what percentage of my daily diet came from which macronutrient.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Take charge and determine what you need to establish your goals. This is knowledge you will need anyway. Once you figure that out the rest is simple and the food selections will be easy.

Feedback Score
    When I calculated my suggested intake, it was 55% carbs, 30% fat and 15% protein. I couldn't find a way to change the amounts and I want to easily determine what percentage of my diet is carbs/fat/protein.
    It's really easy to quick the macro nutrients, just use a custom diet instead of the recommended diet.
    http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting realism and excellence in combative shooting.

Feedback Score
    If you have an iPhone, then the app is actually easier to use than the website. Anything with a bar code can be looked up by scanning. I lost 14 pounds at a rate of about a pound a week (just dieting, hardly any exercise). I would recommend it for sure if you have an iPhone (not sure if it's out for Android).
    Last edited by Prairie Patriot; 01-15-13 at 21:51.
    The Prairie Patriot Blog
    Twitter - @P_Patriot1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast