Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which optic is better all around

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My experience with the Reflex is somewhat limited, but the "tritium" did not prove to be bright enough to help, and the optic washed out terribly in all sorts of lighting conditions.
    +1 - Personally, I'd shy away from the Reflex. At least in my experience, they wash out too easily. The Tripower will show you the way....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Which optic is the all around better red dot sight for my M4, Eotech or the Aimpoint? Viewed both at gun shows but never shot with them. Anyone have any input.............
    My new sig line: "Mission dictates gear."

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    I hope its the Aimpoint T-1 because I just spent a lot of money on one today.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I agree, to a point.

My objection to the Eotech has nothing to do with the reticule, the mount, the size, shape, weight, battery, etc. My objection is that they just don't seem to hold up as well, the batteries don't last for shit, and they shut themselves off after a while as a way to compensate for the horrible battery life. Given that you use an Eotech the same way you do an Aimpoint, the eventual life-cycle costing of the optic plus all the batteries you go through far exceeds that of the Aimpoint.

Unfortunately these are all the kinds of things that you're not going to find out until AFTER you try it out on someone else's gun, decide you like the reticule or (more often) the lower initial cost, buy one, and then have to buy a little red wagon to tote all the batteries around in. At least until it decides to go TU.

With an Aimpoint C3 with Larue or ADM mount costing $450+/-, I just don't really see a reason for anything else.

Very true Rob. Thats why I went with the Aimpoint. But each user has to do there own test drive and research. I have people I work with and even though they know the weaknesses of the Eotech for some reason (I think$$) they choose the Eotech. Not my cup of tea.

Feedback Score
    I like EOTechs - but I use Aimpoint because the overall design just seems like it would be more durable if push came to shove.

However, I'll concede that the EOTechs are probably plenty durable in their own right, but hey, you have to pick.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tkoglman View Post
    I hope its the Aimpoint T-1 because I just spent a lot of money on one today.

Ordered one yesterday myself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I do not like the Aimpoint. I think the light is too dim. Just my opinion.
    Really? I have to put on sunglasses if I turn my Aimpoints all the way up.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
    Really? I have to put on sunglasses if I turn my Aimpoints all the way up.
    Agreed. They have a setting dial. I've worked with both and know for a fact the Eotech is no more or no less intense than a Aimpoint reticle on its highest setting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ss568 View Post
    Which optic is the all around better red dot sight for my M4, Eotech or the Aimpoint? Viewed both at gun shows but never shot with them. Anyone have any input.............
    I known you can use your BUIS with the Eotech, Can you with the Aimpoint (say the comp3)? Just tryin to find out what will work for me..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ss568 View Post
    I known you can use your BUIS with the Eotech, Can you with the Aimpoint (say the comp3)? Just tryin to find out what will work for me..
    Yes, you can use your BUIS with any non-magnified optic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast