Thread: SCAR 16 Factory short barrel availability

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

SCAR 16 Factory short barrel availability

Since the SHOT show and following a new Google search, I could not find any new information regarding the availability of factory FN short barrels for the SCAR 16. I've been "hearing about them" for a few years and know that some after market companies have been cutting barrels e.g. Hi Desert, but am wondering if anyone has any new information? or are they unobtanium.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FNH USA
    FN SCAR® Barrel Assemblies are available in 10 and 14-inch lengths for the SCAR® 16S and 13-inch length for the SCAR® 17S that offer consumers greater versatility. Each complete assembly includes the cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined MIL-SPEC steel barrels with front sight assembly, gas regulator, gas piston and compensator installed and can be easily assembled using only a Torx® T-25 torque wrench. The MSRP for 2013 starts at $1,299.
    http://www.fnhusa.com/l/media-center...13newproducts/

Feedback Score
    Hefty price tag.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Awesome - now to find a dealer that actually has them for sale...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Waited long enough for these, my 16 barrel is off getting cut down by Marvin and my 17 will follow shortly when the Form 1 for it gets back.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Waited long enough for these, my 16 barrel is off getting cut down by Marvin and my 17 will follow shortly when the Form 1 for it gets back.
    Rhino - I've thought about doing that on my 16 and 17 as well. I'd sure like to hear your reports after you get the 16 back from Marvin AND you've put a far number of rounds down range. I've toyed with the idea but have hesitated after hearing of concerns regarding gas port sizing and reliability challenges. My "stock" 16 is reliable as can be - hate to screw that up BUT would sure like to have a short barrel option.
    Best of luck with your project.