Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masada/ACR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Received the following email from Bushmaster today...
    Thank you for inquiring about the new Bushmaster ACR rifle!

At this point in time we are in the testing stage of the rifle. We are hoping to have pricing by the middle of May, delivery currently scheduled in the late 2nd or early 3rd quarter this year. Final initial versions have not been determined at this point, it will be offered in 5.56mm with black coloration in the beginning. We have not determined other colors or other calibers at this point.

Feedback Score
    RHR:

Thanks for the update!

Let's face it, if they're just now testing the guns and hope to release pricing in May, they aren't going to be in production and shipping by June, so delivery
    has slipped to "early 3rd quarter" (more likely late July or early August, since nothing ever happens on time in the gun biz). That just gives us more time to save up. In my case, I'll be temporarily diverting some of my set-aside ACR funds to other projects, but will still be ready to rock come July.

On the up side, there is a chance (and a pretty good one, I'd wager) that the 16"/adjustable stock configuration that EVERYBODY wants will be added to the list of initially available versions. If that comes to pass, I'll go ahead and get a black one rather than wait on the FDE color that may never show up. Krylon is cheap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    RHR:

Thanks for the update!

Let's face it, if they're just now testing the guns and hope to release pricing in May, they aren't going to be in production and shipping by June, so delivery
    has slipped to "early 3rd quarter" (more likely late July or early August, since nothing ever happens on time in the gun biz). That just gives us more time to save up. In my case, I'll be temporarily diverting some of my set-aside ACR funds to other projects, but will still be ready to rock come July.

On the up side, there is a chance (and a pretty good one, I'd wager) that the 16"/adjustable stock configuration that EVERYBODY wants will be added to the list of initially available versions. If that comes to pass, I'll go ahead and get a black one rather than wait on the FDE color that may never show up. Krylon is cheap.
    If Magpul has some influence in the production (as I have a good inclination that they do), I would expect a FDE model to come out in the late fall-winter, or in 2009. I'll be waiting for a FDE 10.5 SBR.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    RHR:

Thanks for the update!

I am a firm believer that we will see something by the very end of the 2nd QTR.

C4

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Pricing out in May, and a June release don't sound irrational. They could release pricing and rifles on the same day...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Somebody please buy my Bushmaster Superlight Upper so I can gather the cash for the ACR/Masada. From what I've read here, I bet they'll show up around Christmas That would be a great Christmas for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Arrgghh, as dumb as it sounds id much rather own an FDE rifle than a black one although i really wanted to purchase the rifle before September.

Im going to feel like a total boob if i succumb to my impatience and buy a black rifle. (no, not that kind)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Certain aspects of milspec rifle production will be followed (shot-peened bolt, anodizing, barrel twist rate, every gun proofed before leaving the factory, etc.), but others won't because a) the spec doesn't exist, or b) the AR15/M16/M4 spec is inadequate.
    LOL 2 years later...
    With the release coming (hopefully) soon it's time to bring this thread back from the dead I guess. Is the above statement still accurate?
    Last edited by ColdDeadHands; 03-20-10 at 08:30.

Feedback Score
    There is a Bushmaster ACR on gunbroker.
    Starting bid was $8500 and it's currently at $15,000 with the reserve not met.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
    There is a Bushmaster ACR on gunbroker.
    Starting bid was $8500 and it's currently at $15,000 with the reserve not met.
    OMGWTFLOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123