Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masada/ACR

Feedback Score
    Question for Nickb, why did Magpul go with Bushmaster their known for none Mil spec parts and their barrels burning out. Are they changing that hopefully? And give my regards to Magpul you guys make great products..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ss568 View Post
    Question for Nickb, why did Magpul go with Bushmaster their known for none Mil spec parts and their barrels burning out. Are they changing that hopefully? And give my regards to Magpul you guys make great products..
    BFI was recently purchased by a much larger company who also owns Remington, DPMS, Marlin, as well as Chrysler, and multiple non-firearms companies. Collectively they are the largest firearms manufacturer in the world (by volume). The bottom line is this: these guys don't f*ck around. They know what they want, and they have the resources, experience, and knowledge to get it. Period.

We wanted to find someone with the capacity to build the Masada to our specs, and in far greater quantities than we could do ourselves. When Bushmaster and their new partners saw the Masada, they wanted it. Let me say that again: they wanted the Magpul Masada. This is intended to be a military grade rifle made to very specific specifications and tolerances. Bushmaster didn't fight that...they want that.

Like I said in another recent thread - "milspec" isn't milspec because it's the best. Milspec is milspec because it's milspec. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's OK, sometimes it's not even acceptable. Regardless, the ACR will not be made to milspec because a milspec doesn't exist for such a rifle. Certain aspects of milspec rifle production will be followed (shot-peened bolt, anodizing, barrel twist rate, every gun proofed before leaving the factory, etc.), but others won't because a) the spec doesn't exist, or b) the AR15/M16/M4 spec is inadequate.

We realize we're not going to quiet the anti-Bushmaster crowd, and that's fine. Outside of Bushmaster and Magpul no one has any idea how the ACR is going to be built, so some concern is to be expected. Give us a few months, and we'll let the product speak for itself - I'm confident any concern people may have now will shortly be laid to rest.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    I just got a Leupold CQ/T delivered to my door today (they're hard to find these days). It will be waiting to go on my Masada when I take delivery... I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the info Nick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FinestBh View Post
    I just got a Leupold CQ/T delivered to my door today (they're hard to find these days). It will be waiting to go on my Masada when I take delivery... I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the info Nick.
    I cant remember the last time someone has asked me to order one of those?

Feedback Score
    Im very interested in one of these. I have cash in hand right now and am waiting to hand it over for an ACR in 6.8 and maybe some options. Mark me down, pencil me in, draw me up.

This rifle is BAD ASS!!

A fortified location near Fort Campbell, KY
    Feedback Score
    I understand the reaction when customers hear the Bushmaster name. That reputation has been earned, but in terms of the market they're going for with their rifles, they're a good product. They have tremendous manufacturing capability that most of the other companies making AR's don't.

Additionally, the key point of this discussion is that the rifle is going to be built the way Magpul wants it to be, not to the standard (or lack of a standard) that Bushmaster carbines are. Obviously, Magpul is very, very concious of the reputation they've earned. Does anyone really think they want their rifle made so badly that they're willing to damage that reputation by having it made second rate? I don't believe they do. I've seen posts on various forums from Rich and Drake that both say similar things: they sat down with BM and showed them the specs for the Masada. BM didn't even blink and said "we can do that." Regardless of who's manufacturing it, I will expect it to be Magpul-product quality until its been proven otherwise.
    Its all fun and games till somebody loses an eye. Then its fun and games you can't see.-James Hetfield

Expertise is nothing more than the basics done correctly.-Holy Roller

ATS Tactical Gear, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haji View Post
    I understand the reaction when customers hear the Bushmaster name. That reputation has been earned, but in terms of the market they're going for with their rifles, they're a good product. They have tremendous manufacturing capability that most of the other companies making AR's don't.

Additionally, the key point of this discussion is that the rifle is going to be built the way Magpul wants it to be, not to the standard (or lack of a standard) that Bushmaster carbines are. Obviously, Magpul is very, very concious of the reputation they've earned. Does anyone really think they want their rifle made so badly that they're willing to damage that reputation by having it made second rate? I don't believe they do. I've seen posts on various forums from Rich and Drake that both say similar things: they sat down with BM and showed them the specs for the Masada. BM didn't even blink and said "we can do that." Regardless of who's manufacturing it, I will expect it to be Magpul-product quality until its been proven otherwise.
    Spot on. It's not even that Bushmaster can make the rifle to our specs...we like them because they want to make the rifle to our specs. These are good people with all the technical capability we could ask for in a company. The naysayers will just have to wait a few months to be proven wrong...no big deal. I'm sure most of them are hoping we make good on that promise, anyway.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post

i had heard $1400-$1600.
    I have a friend who manages a gun shop he said $1400 to $1600.

Feedback Score
    I called Magpul last month (February). The woman I spoke to said $1400.
    Never argue with an idiot. You will sink to their level, and then get beat by expierence.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ss568 View Post
    I heard from an inside source that was at the 08 Shot Show it sould be ready for sale late summer early fall and your lookin at around or over 2,000.00
    As NickB has pointed out, this is why we request that people post information that is firsthand knowledge...

Not secondhand, third person removed, rumors...

Thanks.
    In case anyone missed this the first time......
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast