Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Budget Mil/Mil Optics: BSA Tactical, Millett Tactical, or Primary Arms?

Feedback Score
    I would take a serious look at the Falcon Menace 4-14x44 Mil/Mil FFP. I did a ton of research for a good Mil/Mil FFP scope for under $400 for a budget scope, and from most of the reviews on Snipers Hide and some other places, this one came the highest recommended for the price.

I have had it on a .308 now for a couple hundred rounds and it has been awesome. Good clicks, held zero great, goes back to zero every time, and seems pretty tough. We shoot out out past 1,000 yards regularly and it has been great. For only $359 at SWFA with a lifetime warranty, I think it's worth looking at.

http://swfa.com/Falcon-Menace-4-14x4...pe-P47408.aspx
    Last edited by B Cart; 02-01-13 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    I looked at the Nikon, but they only offer MOA adjustments.

I'm fairly set on mil/mil... which is what makes this process so damn tricky.
    Having own a falcon menace I liked the scope soldvit with a rifle i owed. however it just smelled funny

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    I have been looking for an uber-low budget mil/mil/ffp for rimfire.
    Same. I can't find shit. I basically want the same thing -- MIL/MIL FFP -- but I also want an AO that focuses at 10 yards. Sub $400 would be great too, if possible. As far as I can tell, this does not exist. Let me know if you find something.

If Vortex would just make a Crossfire or Diamondback in this configuration, they could corner the non-fudd rimfire market, I think. They already have AO options on those lines so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Dropping the Dead Hold BDC crap would be a good move too.
    Last edited by a0cake; 02-01-13 at 15:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a0cake View Post
    Same. I can't find shit. I basically want the same thing -- MIL/MIL FFP -- but I also want an AO that focuses at 10 yards. Sub $400 would be great too, if possible. As far as I can tell, this does not exist. Let me know if you find something.
    At this point, it's looking like FFP isn't an option (unless I go with the Primary Arms, but their QC seems iffy).

But mil/mil under $400? There's got to be something reliable that won't fall apart in the field.... hopefully.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    At this point, it's looking like FFP isn't an option (unless I go with the Primary Arms, but their QC seems iffy).

But mil/mil under $400? There's got to be something reliable that won't fall apart in the field.... hopefully.
    Falocon Menace in MIL/Mil FFP configuration and optional illumated rectical.

http://swfa.com/Falcon-Menace-4-14x4...pe-P57241.aspx

here is a review of said scope.

http://swfa.com/Falcon-Menace-4-14x4...pe-P57241.aspx

Feedback Score
    I've got a falcon menace. Bit better turrets than the primary arms. Not sure if it's $200 better though.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. Right now, I think I've got my options whittled down to between these two:

Falcon Menace 4-14

Weaver Tactical 3-10

To reinterate, this will be going on a 5.56 with mix of precision paper punching and coyote/varmint hunting (ie this won't be a range toy, and I don't want something that will fall apart in the field).

My hard limit is $400. I'm not interested in a fixed power (i.e. the SWFA SS 10x). It must be mil/mil.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive known some people with the Falcon Menace. Many are happy with it but I know a few that broke theirs and had a hard time getting it warrantied.

I also know several people who hunt with Weaver scopes and have never had a problem with them.

Having never used either Id go with that Weaver.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    A fixed 10x for coyote hunting... good luck with that.
    Obviously a recommendation from someone with decades of field experience...
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Falcon Menace and the Primary Arms FFP 4X-14 are the same scope, however, the Falcon Menace version has a much better reticule in my opinion for a mere $50 more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast