Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Budget Mil/Mil Optics: BSA Tactical, Millett Tactical, or Primary Arms?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_Power View Post
    Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. Right now, I think I've got my options whittled down to between these two:

Falcon Menace 4-14

Weaver Tactical 3-10

To reinterate, this will be going on a 5.56 with mix of precision paper punching and coyote/varmint hunting (ie this won't be a range toy, and I don't want something that will fall apart in the field).

My hard limit is $400. I'm not interested in a fixed power (i.e. the SWFA SS 10x). It must be mil/mil.
    The weaver tactical is not parallax adjustable.
    That kills it for me.
    I'd rather shoot a 2nd focal plane moa/mil scope with good mechanics and parallax adjustment than a fixed parallax scope.

I have had a few falcon menaces fall apart in our precision rifle clinics so that kicks those out for me too.

I think that choosing a scope by features over reliability on a low fixed budget that you have is a poor way to choose.
    In your budget, I would be looking at a Nikon buckmaster 4.5-14x40 with side focus and mildot reticle or a bushnell tactical 5-15x40 with mildot reticle as these are the only two low budget scopes that we have run into that work good and survive precision rifle classes and competitions. Either would make ok coyote hunting scopes as well since they go down to 5x magnification.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You could check out Konus, I have had good luck with it on my 308. Has a FFP reticle and has stood up to my rifle with no problems. Glass seems to be good. Not 1000 good but plenty good for my amateur needs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGUGLY View Post
    You could check out Konus, I have had good luck with it on my 308. Has a FFP reticle and has stood up to my rifle with no problems. Glass seems to be good. Not 1000 good but plenty good for my amateur needs.
    Haven't even heard of Konus before. Seems like I find out about a new brand/make of glass every day while researching this.

Seems like this 4.5-16x one would be the one to research?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345